(1) Ministry of Justice Non-Executive Director (2) Ministry of Justice Non-Executive Director & Audit & Risk Assurance Committee MemberClosed
|Body:||Ministry of Justice|
|Appointing Department:||Ministry of Justice|
|Location:||MoJ services operate nationally and we have office locations nationwide. Board meetings are normally held in London. In the recent past they have been virtual in-line with Covid guidance.|
|Skills required:||Audit and Risk|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Remuneration:||1) The Non-Executive Director will be remunerated at a rate of £15,000 per annum. 2) The Non-Executive Director & Audit and Risk Assurance Committee Member will be remunerated at a rate of £20,000 per annum.|
|Time Requirements:||At least 30 days per annum (including a minimum of four Board meetings)|
Closed for Applications
23/08/2021 at 08:00
Final Interview Date
MoJ Permanent Secretary
MoJ Lead Non-Executive
Independent Member TBC
The Ministry of Justice is seeking to recruit two Non-Executive Directors, one of whom will also sit on the Audit and Risk Assurance Committee.
Non-Executives provide external advice and expertise, from an independent standpoint which informs the Department’s decision-making process.
Key Responsibilities are to:
- Sit on the Departmental Board, chaired by the Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice;
- Sit on the Audit and Risk Assurance Committee chaired by a fellow Non-Executive (one role only);
- Advise on performance, transformation, operational issues and the effective management of the Department;
- Provide independent scrutiny as part of the Department’s governance;
- Work with Executives to continue to improve Departmental performance;
- Constructively challenge the Board and Executives on Departmental strategy and risks to its delivery; and
- Ensure that Departmental finances are being managed properly.
The successful candidates will be highly effective senior leaders in their own organisations, either already operating at Board level or with clear potential to do so.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- Senior leadership experience in large and complex organisations
- Experience of leading major projects from initiation, through development and to delivery
- Experience of risk, performance and financial management
- Sound judgement and a high level of integrity, with a commitment to the seven principles of conduct in public life
We are particularly looking for candidates who have leadership experience and expertise in one or more of the following:
- The use of digital technology to drive transformation, innovation or process automation, leading to improved outcomes or efficiencies;
- Using data and analysis to drive performance improvement and better decision-making;
- Leadership in complex operational environments, such as logistics or large organisations providing services across multiple locations.
One of two roles being recruited to will sit on the Audit and Risk Assurance Committee. Previous experience of a similar governance role would be desirable.
The Ministry of Justice is a ministerial department at the heart of the justice system. We are responsible for:
- Courts and tribunals which we administer in partnership with the independent judiciary;
- Probation; and
- A range of services to help victims of crime, children, vulnerable people and those seeking access to justice.
The department is supported by 34 agencies and public bodies. Five executive agencies are responsible for the delivery of the majority of our services to the public:
HM Courts and Tribunals Service
HM Prison and Probation Service
Legal Aid Agency
Office of the Public Guardian
Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority
We provide services across England and Wales and certain non-devolved tribunals in Scotland and Northern Ireland.
|Final - GatenbySanderson - NED MoJ - Candidate Information Pack|