Agriculture & Horticulture Development Board MembersAnnounced
|Body:||Agriculture & Horticulture Development Board (AHDB)|
|Appointing Department:||Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs|
|Sector:||Environment, Food & Rural Affairs|
|Location:||Board meetings will be mainly held at Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Remuneration:||A non-pensionable remuneration of £32,000 per annum is payable based on a time commitment of a minimum of 104 days. Essential expenses comprising of travel, accommodation, if required, and subsistence are payable based on AHDB’s expenses arrangements.|
|Time Requirements:||Minimum of 104 days per year|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
The Government has appointed Sophie Churchill OBE and Mike Sheldon to the Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (AHDB)
Date: 12/04/2017View Announcement
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
12/04/2017 at 16:00
Tim Mordan Added 18/01/2017
Departmental Senior Official • Departmental Official
Political Activity - Notes -
AHDB Chairman • Representative of Organisation
Political Activity - Notes -
Beverly Dixon Added 18/01/2017
HR Director • Independent Member
Political Activity None in the past five years Notes -
These roles are AHDB Board members with oversight of the whole organisation they will also chair and champion a sector board (Pork or Potatoes)
• Provide inspirational leadership as an AHDB Board member and be an effective board member for AHDB as a whole;
• Actively support AHDB’s strategic direction and work with other Board members to ensure that AHDB delivers on its objectives;
• Chair the Pork or Potato Sector Advisory Board;
• Ensure that the values of good governance are upheld, particularly with regard to levy-funded activities;
• Ensure delivery of the sector’s aims and objectives as set out in legislation and AHDB’s corporate plan;
• Build good working relations with Defra, Governments in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and sector stakeholders;
• Deliver outstanding value for money for the AHDB levy payers.
The successful candidate must abide by the Nolan principles of public service.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following essential criteria:
• The ability to think strategically and develop a long term organisational vision;
• The ability to provide influential leadership and capability to drive organisational change;
• The ability to communicate clearly and convincingly with levy payers and other stakeholders, the media and a range of public and private sector organisations;
Able to demonstrate an understanding of the issues facing AHDB and the Pork or Potato sector, the wider food and farming industries and levy payers.
To request an application pack or to find out more about the roles please email:Christine.Standley@ahdb.org.uk
We actively encourage applications from individuals from a wide range of backgrounds. Defra operates a Guaranteed Interview Scheme for disabled people.
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for these roles, please submit the following by email to email@example.com noon on 8th February 2017 quoting reference PAPPT 025/16 (Pork) PAPPT 026/16 (Potatoes).
• CV with education, professional qualifications and employment history and the names and contact details for two referees;
• Statement of suitability (maximum two sides of A4) giving evidence of the strength and depth of your ability to meet the essential criteria for the role. Please provide specific examples to demonstrate how you meet each of the criteria; and
Monitoring form relating to political activity, diversity, conflicts of interest and advertising.
|1. AHDB advert|
|2. Public Appointments Guidance notes|
|3. Monitoring form|