Appointment of a Non-executive Director (Third Sector) to PHWClosed
|Body:||Public Health Wales|
|Appointing Department:||Welsh Government|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health and Social Care, Social Care|
|Skills required:||Major Projects|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||The post of Non-executive Director (Third Sector) will be paid at £ 9,360 per annum paid monthly or quarterly in arrears as agreed with the Trust.|
|Time Requirements:||4 days per month|
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
Jan Williams OBE
Chair of Public Health Wales
Head of Services, Macmillan Cancer Wales
Non-executive Directors will, among other things:
- Discharge effective governance of the organisation, in all its integrated forms. The Board is a Unitary Board, and Executive and Non-Executive Directors are collectively responsible for Board-level decision-making. Non –Executive Directors have a scrutiny and oversight role and to bring their experience and expertise to bear in support of the Board discussions and decisions.
- Set the tone and culture for the organisation, ensuring that all staff can come to work and thrive as their authentic selves, without fear of discrimination or disadvantage of any kind.
- To maintain a ‘line of sight’ from the Board to the front line and back again.
- Contribute to the work of the Board based upon your independence, past experience and knowledge, and your ability to stand back from day to day operational management.
- Contribute to a joined up, robust and transparent decision-making process at Board level, to ensure openness and accountability foe decisions made.
- Be expected to have sufficient working knowledge of Public Health Wales’ services and functions to ensure good governance, effective risk assessment and management and delivery against approved plans.
- Work closely with other public, private and voluntary bodies, to ensure that all relevant views are taken into account during the decision-making process. The interests of service users should be paramount in this respect.
- Analyse, and critically review, complex information to ensure that decision-making is as informed as possible.
- Oversee the effective stewardship of resources, ensuring openness and accountability in the allocation and utilisation of resources
- Where NEDs have a specific portfolio, to reflect the views of portfolio stakeholders at Board level.
- Discharge the role in accordance with the Nolan Principles and the Public Health Wales’ Board Etiquette.
In your application you will need to demonstrate:
- A knowledge and understanding of the role of the Third sector in Wales;
- Ability to apply your knowledge and understanding of Third Sector matters, in relation to public health, and the wider determinants of health in a strategic Board environment;
- An understanding of the issues affecting the Third Sector nationally and the ability to work in partnership to achieve joint / desired outcomes;
- Experience of working at a senior executive or Board level.
For further information regarding the selection process, please contact:
Public Appointments Team Publicappointments@gov.wales
For further information regarding the role of Non-Executive Directors, please contact:
Helen Bushell, Board Secretary and Head of Board Business Unit,
Public Health Wales
Tel: 07711 819665
For further information about Public Health Wales, you may wish to visit the organisation’s website: http://www.publichealthwales.wales.nhs.uk/
If you need any further assistance in applying for this role, please contact the Public Appointments Team on Publicappointments@gov.wales
For further information about Public Appointments in Wales, please visit www.gov.wales/publicappointments
|Information for Candidates - NED (Third Sector) PHW|
|WELSH - Information for Candidates - NED (Third Sector) PHW|