Appointment of an Independent Member (General / Corporate Business)Announced
|Body:||Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board|
|Appointing Department:||Welsh Government|
|Sector:||Health and Social Care|
|Location:||CTMUHB has its headquarters in Abercynon, Rhondda Cynon Taf, however provides services across the Rhondda Taf Ely, Merthyr Cynon and Bridgend Locality. The successful candidate will therefore be required to travel.|
|Skills required:||Business / Commercial|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£13,344 per annum (pay review pending).|
|Time Requirements:||4 days per month|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
The Minister for Health and Social Services has agreed the recruitment plan for the appointment of an Independent Member General/Corporate Business to Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board.
Closed for Applications
03/08/2021 at 16:00
Final Interview Date
Vice Chair of CTNUHB • Representative of Organisation
WG Representative • Departmental Official
Chair of Cardiff and Vale UHB • Independent Member
Independent Members will among other things:-
- Play a full and active role in the governance of CTMUHB, both clinical and corporate. You will take an active part in discussions, providing your opinion and challenge and support to the Board on key issues.
- Act as a Corporate Trustee of CTMUHB Charity
- Contribute to the work of the Board based upon your independence, your past experience and knowledge, and your ability to stand back from the day-to-day operational management;
- Contribute and accept corporate decisions to ensure a joined up, robust and transparent decision making process by the Board;
- Be expected, in time, to fully understand the business through active involvement to enable the effective performance of the organisation;
- Be supportive of the need for close working with other public, private and voluntary organisations and will make sure that the views of patients, carers and families are fully involved in helping to shape, develop and improve services;
- Analyse and critically review complex information and contribute to sound decision-making.
- Be expected to support CTMUHB’s Values & Behaviours, ‘living’ the values in their role as a Board Member.
- Contribute to the governance and finance of the Health Board, ensuring it is open and honest in its work by contributing fully in the decision-making process.
Candidates will need to evidence the following ESSENTIAL CRITERIA in their knowledge and experience. To be considered, you must be able to demonstrate that you have the qualities, skills and experience to meet all the essential criteria for appointment.
Essential Criteria (Demonstrated Through CV and Personal Statement)
• An understanding of health issues and priorities in the Heath Board’s area and the ability to understand the role and work of the Board;
• Ability to hold the executive to account for performance whilst maintaining a constructive relationship;
• Ability to provide a knowledgeable, impartial and balanced perspective on a range of sensitive and complex issues;
• A broad understanding of the information governance requirements required to comply with legislation e.g. Data Protection Act (DPA); General Data Protection Regulations
• An awareness and understanding of equality and diversity issues, particularly as they relate to the health sector.
To support a rich skill-mix across Board Members, CTMUHB would like to attract candidates with skills and understanding gained through corporate business and/or commercial experience. These may include the areas set out in the following table.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview where the panel will explore other skills and experience that have been gained through corporate business and/or commercial experience. The following DESIRABLE skills are indicative of the areas the panel will explore at interview;
Other Skills & Experience (Demonstrated at Interview)
• Commercial Awareness/Partnerships
• Productivity and efficiency including implementing business strategies and transformation agenda
• Business Development and Growth
• Strategic Leadership
• Corporate Systems and Policies
• Strategic Property/Capital Planning & Development
• Developing strong relationships internally and externally
• Experience of public and/or private sector –Business & Commercial workings.
For further information regarding the selection process, please contact:
Public Appointments Team
Public Bodies Unit
For further information regarding the role of the CTMUHB and the Board Member vacancy please contact Georgina Galletly, Director of Corporate Governance.
Tel: 01443 744818
If you need any further assistance in applying for this role, please contact email@example.com.
For further information about Public Appointments in Wales, please visit www.gov.wales/publicappointments.
How to Apply
To make an application please visit the Welsh Government public appointment website here https://cymru-wales.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/appcentre-3/brand-2/candidate/jobboard/vacancy/7/adv/. To apply for this role, click on the relevant vacancy and click on ‘APPLY’ at the bottom left hand corner.
|Information for Candidates - Independent Member General Corporate Business - CTMUHB - E|