Appointment of an Independent Member of Finance - Hywel Dda University Health BoardClosed
|Appointing Department:||Welsh Government|
|Sector:||Health and Social Care|
|Location:||Meetings will be held in Ystwyth, St David’s Park, Carmarthen SA31 3BB, and in venues across the UHB’s geographical area of Carmarthen, Ceredigion and Pembrokeshire. The use of remote meetings, using digital systems, has been trialled during the COVID-19 period and has been successful.|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£13,344 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||4 days per month|
Closed for Applications
25/02/2021 at 16:00
Final Interview Date
Chair - Hywel Dda University Health Board • Representative of Organisation
Associate Board Member, Hywel Dda University Health Board • Representative of Organisation
Welsh Government Representative, Health & Social Services Department • Departmental Official
Independent Panel Member • Independent Member
Hywel Dda University Health Board (the University Health Board) is the planner and provider of all NHS healthcare services for people in Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and its bordering counties, to a total population of around 384,000 across a quarter of the landmass of Wales.
It provides Acute, Primary, Community, Mental Health and Learning Disabilities services via General and Community Hospitals, Health Centres, GPs, Dentists, Pharmacists and Optometrists and other sites.
The University Health Board has four main hospital sites at Bronglais in Aberystwyth, Glangwili in Carmarthen, Prince Philip in Llanelli and Withybush in Haverfordwest, with a further seven community hospitals. The population is served by 48 general medical practices, 46 dental practices, 3 Orthodontic Practices, 48 Optometric Providers, 99 community pharmacies, and 15 health centres, together with numerous locations from which mental health, learning disabilities and related services are provided. Highly specialised and tertiary services are commissioned by the Welsh Health Specialised Services Committee.
Independent Members will demonstrate the following qualities:
Knowledge & Experience
• An understanding of health issues and priorities in the Hywel Dda University Health Board area and the ability to understand the role and work of the Board;
• The ability to contribute effectively at Board level;
• The ability to hold the executives to account for performance whilst maintaining a constructive relationship; and
• The ability to provide a knowledgeable, impartial and balanced perspective on a range of sensitive and complex issues.
Personal Attributes & Skills
The Health Board has defined a set of shared core values. To help demonstrate your commitment to these values, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
• The ability to “Put Patients First”; and
• The ability to communicate openly and honestly.
To be considered, you must be able to demonstrate that you have the qualities, skills and experience to meet all the essential criteria for appointment.
• Skills and knowledge of Financial Systems and Financial Management in large organisations;
• An understanding of the role of Financial Audit and Financial Governance;
• Ability to apply specialist finance knowledge and skills in a strategic board environment; and
• Be a fully qualified member of CCAB (Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies): financial: ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants); ICAEW (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales); ICAS (Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland); CAI (Chartered Accountants Ireland); CIPFA (Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy); or CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants); and
• An awareness and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
For the Independent Member of Finance role, Welsh Language Skills are desirable but not a pre-requisite for appointment. However, all candidates will be expected to display commitment towards the language and demonstrate leadership to strengthen bilingual service provision within the NHS in Wales.
For further information regarding the selection process, please contact:
Public Appointments Team
Public Bodies Unit
For further information regarding the role of the Independent Member of Finance, please contact Maria Battle, Chair or Joanne Wilson, Board Secretary.
Tel: 01267 239637
If you need any further assistance in applying for this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about Public Appointments in Wales, please visit www.gov.wales/publicappointments
|Information for Candidates (E) - IM Finance - HDUHB|
|Information for Candidates (W) - IM Finance - HDUHB|