Appointment of an Independent Member to Swansea Bay University Health BoardClosed
|Body:||Swansea Bay University Health Board|
|Appointing Department:||Welsh Government|
|Sector:||Health and Social Care|
|Location:||Baglan, Port Talbot|
|Skills required:||Communication / Media / Marketing|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£15,936 per year, plus travel and other reasonable expenses within reasonable limits|
|Time Requirements:||4 days per month|
Closed for Applications
10/08/2021 at 16:00
Final Interview Date
Chair of SBUHB • Representative of Organisation
WG Representative • Departmental Official
Associate Member of Hywel Dda University Health Board • Independent Member
As a member of the Board, you will:
- Play a full and active role in the governance of the Health Board, both clinical and corporate. You are expected to bring to the Board an independent judgement on issues of financial and operational performance, key appointments, looking ahead and accountability;
- Contribute to bringing the Board’s strategic vision to life, based upon your independence, past experience and knowledge, and your ability to stand back from the day to day operational management;
- Contribute and accept corporate decisions to ensure a joined up, robust and transparent decision making process by the Board;
- Be expected, in time, to fully understand the business through active involvement to enable the effective performance of the Health Board;
- Work closely with other public, private and voluntary organisations and will make sure that the views of patients, carers and families are fully involved in helping to shape, develop and improve services;
- Support the Chair in developing an effective unitary board.
It is Essential the Independent Member will demonstrate the following qualities:-
Questions to answer as part of your application in your personal statement in no more than 2 sides of A4.
- Please give details of your experience of leading and developing an organisation at senior board level or equivalent and the relevant areas of specific expertise you would bring to this role.
- Through a specific example, please demonstrate your previous experience in finance or internal control and of holding others to account while maintaining good relationships.
- Please describe the ways in which you have contributed to the development and delivery of strategy, either as an executive with responsibility or as a non executive with oversight.
- Please demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of health and care issues in the context of Swansea Bay University Health Board at community, local authority and national levels.
- Please provide evidence of your interpersonal skills to demonstrate personal impact and ability to work as a team.
For further information regarding the selection process, please contact:
Public Appointments Team
Public Bodies Unit
For further information regarding the role of the independent member, please contact Emma Woollett, Chair of Swansea Bay University Health Board. Tel: (01639) 683379 Email: Emma.Woollett@wales.nhs.uk
For further information about Swansea Bay University Health Board, you may wish to visit the Health Board’s internet web site: http://www.wales.nhs.uk/sitesplus/863/home
If you need any further assistance in applying for this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about Public Appointments in Wales, please visit www.gov.wales/publicappointments
|Information for Candidates - IM SBUHB - E|
|Information for Candidates - IM SBUHB - W|