Appointment of Member - Social Care WalesClosed
|Body:||Social Care Wales|
|Appointing Department:||Welsh Government|
|Location:||Meetings are held mainly in Cardiff but there will be times when meetings take place across Wales.|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£282 per day plus travel and other reasonable expenses within reasonable limits in accordance with Welsh Government guidance.|
|Time Requirements:||24 days per year|
Closed for Applications
04/01/2019 at 16:00
Final Interview Date
The Board of Social Care Wales collectively are responsible for making sure that Social Care Wales’ strategic direction is focused on the well-being goals for Wales, the principles of the Social Services and Wellbeing (Wales) Act 2014 and the Regulation and Inspection (Wales) Act 2016. The Board is expected to adhere to the Nolan seven principles of public life and show the leadership values of the Welsh Public Service.
The Board, through the Chair, is accountable to the Minister for Children, Older People and Social Care for the performance of the Board and its effective governance, upholding the Welsh public service values and promoting the confidence of the public and partners throughout Wales.
Role and responsibilities
The Board must make sure that the aims and objectives set by the Welsh Ministers are met. The Board must make sure that the organisation is run well and is accountable.
As a Member you will:
- make sure Social Care Wales is working in line with procedures and policies;
- make sure Social Care Wales is spending money well and in the right way;
- listen, ask questions, join in discussions and contribute to ideas on what Social Care Wales will be doing in the future and how this can be done;
- make decisions as part of the Board and be responsible for these decisions;
- work with passion and enthusiasm with other Board Members and Social Care Wales staff; and
- represent Social Care Wales with its customers, other organisations and communities.
To be a Social Care Wales lay Board Member you must be able to:
- commit to Social Care Wales for 2 days a month
- balance competing priorities;
- show passion and commitment to improving social care in Wales;
- have an understanding of social care issues in Wales;
- make decisions and explain how you have come to that decision;
- work with others in a team, as well as on your own; and
- have good communication skills in order to participate at meetings and act as an ambassador for Social Care Wales.
Public service values are at the heart of how Social Care Wales operates. As a Social Care Wales Board Member, you will be expected to:
- work with others to achieve shared objectives;
- learn from successes and mistakes and use that experience and knowledge to ensure better outcomes;
- maintain realistic and positive attitudes to challenges, adversity and change and support others to do the same; and
- communicate openly with people to gain their trust and confidence.
To be considered, you must be able to show that you have the qualities, skills and experience to meet all the essential criteria for appointment. This should be included within your CV.
During the recruitment process you will be assessed against the recruitment matrix as at annex D.
In no more than 250 words per questions please answer:
- Describe a time when you have worked with others to achieve a shared objective (max 250 words)
- Provide an example of when you have learnt from either a success or a mistake and used that experience and knowledge to ensure a better outcome (max 250 words)
- Explain how you have maintained a positive attitude to challenges, adversity and change and supported others to do the same (max 250 words)
- Provide an example of when you have had to communicate openly with people to gain their trust and confidence (max 250 words)
For further information regarding the selection process, please contact:
Public Appointments Unit
Tel: 03000 61 6095
For further information regarding the role of Social Care Wales and the role of the Chair please contact Llinos Bradbury, Board Secretary, Social Care Wales:
Tel: 029 2078 0540
|Information for Candidates - SCW Board Member|
|Information for Candidates - SCW Board Member - Welsh|