Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust - Non-executive directorAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Location:||Avon and Wiltshire|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£6,157 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||As a minimum this role will require the equivalent to 2 to 3 days a month|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
NHS Improvement is pleased to announce the appointment of Neil Auty as a non-executive director of Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust from 1 January 2018 to 31 December 2020. Mr Auty has no declared political activity and will receive a remuneration of £6,157 per annum.
Further information may be available at http://www.awp.nhs.uk/about-us/management/board/
Date: 15/06/2018View Announcement
Closed for Applications
22/11/2017 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
15/06/2018 at 14:00
We are recruiting for a non-executive director for Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust. This is an exceptional opportunities to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in your community.
You will have a genuine commitment to patients and providing high quality services that meet the needs of service users, carers and their families. We are interested in individuals who have an understanding of mental health and learning disability, along with an understanding of the economic, social, and cultural disadvantage as well as discrimination many service users face. Experience of engaging with diverse social, economic and cultural groups served by an organisation, particularly the black and minority ethnic communities, would be an advantage.
We are looking for a strategic leader who has significant experience of working at senior or board level in the commercial, public or charitable sector. We are particularly interested in candidates with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Business transformation in a complex multi site organisation
- Contracting and business development expertise involving multiple partnership models and relationships with voluntary/charity sector, social enterprise, community interest, private and public sector organisations;
- Professional property expertise, in particular in asset management with a mixed estate, including Private Finance Initiative funded assets;
- Housing association management and strategic development;
- Strategic stakeholder relationship management.
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model
For an informal and confidential discussion with Charlotte Hitchings, the Chair of the trust, please contact Sue Cook, Business Manager on 01249 468023.
NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Leslie Horn on 0300 123 2057 or by emailing Leslie.email@example.com
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this role please provide:
- a CV that includes your address and contact details, highlighting and explaining any gaps in your employment history
- a supporting statement that highlights your motivation for applying and your understanding of the NHS and the role. You should outline your personal responsibility and achievement within previous roles and how your experience matches the person specification
- the names, positions, organisations and contact details for three referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity, and cover your most recent employer, any regulated health or social care activity or where roles involved children or vulnerable adults. Your references will be taken prior to interview and may be shared with the selection panel
- please complete and return the monitoring information form which accompanies this pack and is available for download
- tell us about any dates when you will not be available
Please forward your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
|20171026 S1570 Information Pack|
|20171026 S1570 Monitoring Form|
|20170607 Info for Candidates|