Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust - ChairAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Location:||Barking, Dagenham, Havering, Redbridge and West Essex|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£40,000 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||On average, it will require 2 to 3 days a week|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
NHS Improvement is pleased to announce the appointment of Joe Fielder as chair of Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust from 1 November 2017 to 31 October 2019. Mr Fielder will received a remuneration of £40,000 per annum and has no declared political activity.
Further information may be available at https://www.bhrhospitals.nhs.uk/news/new-chair-for-our-trust-1627
Date: 13/10/2017View Announcement
Closed for Applications
29/08/2017 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
Barking, Havering and Redbridge and University Hospitals NHS Trust (BHRUT) provides acute hospital care to the populations of Barking and Dagenham, Havering and Redbridge in outer east London, and in West Essex. The trust also provides regional neuroscience and cancer specialist services and operates a specialist stroke service.
BHRUT provides care to a community of around 750,000 people, which includes some of the most vulnerable people living in London. The size of the trust’s local population is predicted to increase by more than ten percent in the next ten years.
Services are provided at Queen’s Hospital in Romford and King George Hospital in Goodmayes and in some community settings.
This is a unique opportunity to share your talents and expertise to help transform BHRUT and make a positive difference to the lives of people in your community.
The Chair will provide the leadership needed to drive the continued improvement of the healthcare services the Trusts provides its patients and the local community, both now and in the future. There will be many challenges along the way, but the most challenging roles are often the most rewarding.
To request an information pack please contact Leslie Horn on 0300 123 2057 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more
With the Trust – for an informal and confidential discussion please contact the executive office at the trust on 01708 435 444.
With NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Leslie Horn on 0300 123 2057 or by emailing email@example.com
- Closing date for receipt of applications – the closing date for receipt of applications is 11.00 am on 29 August 2017. Please forward your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Engagement with key stakeholders – there will be a stakeholder event prior to the interviews where short-listed candidates will be invited to meet the Trust’s key stakeholders. This will take place on 6 September 2017 between 2pm and 4pm in the Education Centre, Queens Hospital, Rom Valley Way, Romford, RM7 0AG. Feedback from these sessions will be given to the panel before the interviews take place.
- Interview date – short-listed candidates will be interviewed by the selection panel on 8 September 2017 in London.
- Start date – it is proposed that the successful candidate take up post from 1 October 2017.
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this role please provide:
- a CV that includes your address and contact details, highlighting and explaining any gaps in your employment history
- a supporting statement that highlights your motivation for applying, your understanding of the NHS and BHRUT in particular and the role. You should outline your personal responsibility and achievement within previous roles and how your experience matches the person specification
- the names, positions, organisations and contact details for three referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity, and cover your most recent employer, any regulated health or social care activity or where roles involved children or vulnerable adults. Your references will be taken prior to interview and may be shared with the selection panel
- please complete and return the monitoring information form which accompanies the information pack
- tell us about any dates when you will not be available
- confirm your preferred email and telephone contact details
This information should be emailed to email@example.com quoting reference L1412 in the subject line.Return to NHS Appointments