Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust - Non-executive DirectorAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Location:||London and West Essex|
|Skills required:||Change Management, Transformation|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£6,157 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||On average this role will require a time commitment equivalent to 2 to 3 days a month.|
|Closing Date:||06/07/2017 12:00|
|Interviews:||20 July 2017|
We are recruiting a Non-executive Director for Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust (BHRUH). This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in your community.
BHRUH provides acute hospital care to the populations of Barking and Dagenham, Havering and Redbridge in outer east London, and in west Essex. The Trust also provides regional neuroscience and cancer specialist services and operates a specialist stroke service for a wider population.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services.
You will have experience of chairing committees and an awareness of the health and care sectors, enabling you to constructively challenge and work collaboratively throughout the organisation to help the Trust develop and deliver its strategic plans.
Experience of operating at Board level, managing complex change and transformation is required and it would be helpful if you already have been a NED, Trustee or Governor.
All Non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
Applicants should live in or have strong connections with London and the west Essex area or the neighbouring areas.
- closing date for receipt of applications: 12 noon on 6 July 2017. Please forward your completed application to email@example.com copied also to Veredus at VeredusHealthTeam@veredus.co.uk
- preliminary interviews: Long-listed candidates will be invited for a preliminary interview with Annette Sergeant of Veredus at their city offices. To facilitate this, we will share your application with Veredus. Feedback from these interviews will be given to the panel and contribute to shortlisting.
- Final panel interview date for shortlisted candidates: 20 July 2017. Interviews are likely to take place at the Trust’s site.
- proposed start date: to be confirmed
Getting in touch
- With the Trust. For an informal and confidential discussion with Dr Maureen Dalziel, the Chair of the Trust, please contact Sue Williams, Executive Assistant on 01708 435 444.
- Veredus Executive Search are helping us to identify potential candidates. If you would like a confidential discussion about the role contact Annette Sergeant, Director on 0207 932 4393 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or David Rason, Head of Research- Health on 0207 932 4212 or email@example.com
- with NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Leslie Horn on 0300 123 2057 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this role please provide:
- a CV that includes your address and contact details, highlighting and explaining any gaps in your employment history
- a supporting statement that highlights your motivation for applying and your understanding of the NHS and the role. You should outline your personal responsibility and achievement within previous roles and how your experience matches the person specification
- the names, positions, organisations and contact details for three referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity, and cover your most recent employer, any regulated health or social care activity or where roles involved children or vulnerable adults. Your references will be taken prior to interview and may be shared with the selection panel
- please complete and return the monitoring information form which accompanies this pack and is available for download
- tell us about any dates when you will not be available
|20170612 L1496 Information Pack|
|20170613 L1496 Monitoring Form|