Bedford Hospital NHS Trust, Non-executive DirectorAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Location:||Preference will be given to applicants who live in or have strong connections with Bedfordshire.|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Time Requirements:||Equivalent to 2 to 3 days a month|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
NHS Improvement is pleased to announce the appointment of Robert Green as Non-executive Director of Bedford Hospital NHS Trust from 18 June 2019 to 17 June 2021. He is entitled to receive a remuneration of £6,157 per annum. Further information may be available at https://www.bedfordhospital.nhs.uk/
Closed for Applications
14/05/2019 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
We are recruiting a Non-executive Director for Bedford Hospital NHS Trust. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in your community. The successful candidate will strengthen the financial challenge on the board.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have senior recent, relevant finance experience with the capacity to Chair the Audit Committee, ideally with a financial qualification.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
- The Trust – for an informal and confidential discussion with Gordon Johns, the Chair of the trust, please contact Kay Bloom on 01234 792100 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Miriam Walker on 0300 123 2059 or by emailing email@example.com
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this role please provide:
• a CV that includes your address and contact details, highlighting and explaining any gaps in your employment history
• a supporting statement that highlights your motivation for applying and your understanding of the NHS and the role. You should outline your personal responsibility and achievement within previous roles and how your experience matches the person specification
• the names, positions, organisations and contact details for three referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity, and cover your most recent employer, any regulated health or social care activity or where roles involved children or vulnerable adults. Your references may be taken prior to interview and may be shared with the selection panel
• please complete and return the monitoring information form which accompanies this pack and is available for download
• tell us about any dates when you will not be available
Please forward your completed application to NHSI.Chairsandneds@nhs.net
|M1951 Monitoring Form|
|M1951 Information Pack|