Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board Member (Horticulture Sector Board Chair)Announced
|Body:||Agriculture & Horticulture Development Board (AHDB)|
|Appointing Department:||Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs|
|Sector:||Environment, Food & Rural Affairs|
|Location:||Board meetings will be mainly held at Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||A non-pensionable remuneration of between £16,000 and £32,000 per annum is payable based on a time commitment of between 52 and 104 days pro rata. Essential expenses comprising of travel, accommodation, if required, and subsistence are payable based on AHDB’s expenses arrangements.|
|Time Requirements:||Minimum 52 days each year up to a maximum 104 days per year, as agreed, to attend Board and Sector Board meetings and associated activities|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
The Government has appointed Hayley Campbell-Gibbons to the Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (AHDB)
Date: 09/08/2018View Announcement
Closed for Applications
27/04/2018 at 12:00
14th May 2018
Final Interview Date
W/C 21st May 2018
9th August 2018
Tim Mordan Added 06/04/2018
Deputy Director of Farm Productivity • Departmental Official
Peter Kendall Added 06/04/2018
Chairman of Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (AHDB) • Representative of Organisation
Tina Barsby Added 06/04/2018
CEO of National Institute of Agricultural Botany (NIAB) • Independent Member
Professor Gerry Saddler Added 06/04/2018
Chief Plant Health Officer for Scotland and Head of Science and Advice for Scottish Agriculture Division • Other Panel Member
The role is for an AHDB Board member and chair of the Horticulture Sector Board. They will have oversight of the whole organisation as well as chair and champion the horticulture sector board.
• Provide inspirational leadership as an AHDB Board member and be an effective board member for AHDB as a whole;
• Actively support AHDB’s strategic direction and work with other Board members to ensure that AHDB delivers on its objectives;
• Chair the Horticulture Sector Advisory Board;
• Ensure that the values of good governance are upheld, particularly with regard to levy-funded activities;
• Ensure delivery of the sector’s aims and objectives as set out in legislation and AHDB’s corporate plan;
• Build good working relations with Defra, Governments in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and sector stakeholders;
• Deliver outstanding value for money for the AHDB levy payers.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following essential criteria:
• A good, broad knowledge of the horticulture sector.
• The ability to think strategically and develop a long term organisational vision.
• Able to provide influential leadership and capable to drive organisational change.
• Skills and ability to communicate clearly and convincingly with levy payers and other stakeholders, the media and a range of public and private sector organisations.
• Being able to demonstrate an understanding of the issues facing AHDB, levy payers and the wider food and farming industries.
We actively encourage applications from individuals from a wide range of backgrounds. Defra is a Disability Confident employer.
How to Apply
All candidates are required to complete the following forms:
• Monitoring form 1 (Political Activity and Conflict of Interest Questionnaire)
• Monitoring form 2 ( Diversity Monitoring Questionnaire)
Candidates should submit their CV with education, professional qualifications and employment history and the names and contact details for two referees, together with their statement of suitability.
The statement of suitability should give evidence of the strength and depth of your ability to meet the essential criteria for this role. Please provide specific examples to demonstrate how you meet each of the criteria (max two pages please).
Your CV and statement should be returned to the following address by the closing date: 12.00 (midday) on Friday 27th April 2018. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference APPT03-18
For further information please email: Fiona.McVicar@defra.gsi.gov.uk
|2_Monitoring form 1 (Conflicts of Interest and Political Activity)|
|3_Monitoring form 2 (Diversity)|
|4_Public Appointments Guidance notes|