Board Trustee (CITB)Announced
|Body:||Construction Industry Training Board|
|Appointing Department:||Department for Education|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Remuneration:||All reasonable travel and out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed|
|Time Requirements:||16 hours per month|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
Date: 16/06/2021View Announcement
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
The closing date for this competition has been extended to 28.01.20. Revised sift and interview dates TBC The date of interview has now been pushed back from February to 1st April 2020 Interviews are now expected to be further delayed. Revised dates will be published as soon as possible
Gillian Hillier Added 05/11/2019
Director, Careers and Further Education • Departmental Official
Peter Andrew Added 05/11/2019
Deputy Chair, Home Builders Federation • Independent Member
Vaughan Hart Added 05/11/2019
Managing Director, Scottish Building Federation • Independent Member
Peter Lauener Added 11/11/2019
Chair of the CITB • Representative of Organisation
CITB is the statutory skills body for the construction industry in Great Britain and its purpose is to make better provision for the training and maintenance of skills in the industry. CITB raises around £200m annually via a training levy, and works closely with employers and the Government to ensure national construction skills needs are met.
CITB seeks to create the culture and conditions that will deliver new ways of working, embracing new technologies, creating a demand in construction for more skills, new skills and higher level skills. CITB aspires to be at the forefront of effective commissioning and grant practice and is undertaking a high-profile transformational reform programme in order to achieve this.
The Role of a CITB Trustee
As a CITB trustee you are required to:
- ensure that CITB pursues its objectives for the benefit of the construction industry
- work with fellow trustees to shape, drive and monitor CITB’s strategy
- prepare for and participate fully in Board meetings
- act reasonably in decision making and in the leadership of CITB
- ensure the proper management and administration of CITB as a charity
- use any specific skills, knowledge or experience you have to help the Board reach quick and sound decisions by leading discussions, focusing on key issues, providing advice and guidance on new initiatives, or other issues in which you have particular expertise
- promote the work of CITB externally
- participate in Board committees
- manage risks with a considered, proportionate and balanced approach
- support the CITB’s Chair and CEO
- ensure that CITB complies with the legislation, its Framework Agreement with Government, charity law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
|CITB seeks to appoint two Board Trustees who will provide the Board with a range of current expertise and/or knowledge of the construction industry. The Department would particularly welcome applications from individuals who have specific knowledge of construction issues in Scotland, and/or financial expertise.
Throughout the application and interview stage, all candidates will need to demonstrate how they meet all the following essential criteria:
Trustees are expected to attend a minimum of four standard board meetings per year and be willing to Chair or be a member of a committee of the CITB and / or sit as the Deputy Chair of one of the three Nation Councils (covering England, Wales and Scotland).
How to Apply
Please submit the following documents by email to:
- A covering letter not exceeding two sides of A4 paper. (Arial size 12)
- A CV
- Candidate Application Form
- Diversity form
Please include the heading CITB Trustee in the subject box. Please submit your application documents as separate attachments.
We are happy to accept applications in alternative formats from applicants who, for reasons of disability, may find it difficult to fill in our standard form. If you wish to have a chat with us about reasonable adjustments please contact us at PublicAppointments.APPLICATIONS@education.gov.uk
|CITB Trustee Candidate Pack November 2019|