British Wool Marketing Board - Non-Executive DirectorsClosed
|Body:||British Wool Marketing Board (BWMB)|
|Appointing Department:||Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs|
|Sector:||Environment, Food & Rural Affairs|
|Skills required:||Accountancy, Audit and Risk, Business / Commercial, IT / Digital|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Remuneration:||£9,200 per annum on the basis of 2.5 days per month|
|Time Requirements:||On average 8-9 meetings a year which will be of 1-2 days’ duration.|
Closed for Applications
12/07/2019 at 12:00
Final Interview Date
Rebecca Shrubsole Added 19/06/2019
Defra Deputy Director, Farming and Food Sectors and Trade Policy • Departmental Official
Trevor Richards Added 19/06/2019
Chair of British Wool • Representative of Organisation
Judith Bryans Added 19/06/2019
Chief Executive of Dairy UK • Independent Member
Gerry Kaspers Added 19/06/2019
Defra IT Programme Director • Departmental Official
Two exciting opportunities have arisen to join the British Wool Marketing Board as a Non-Executive Director. The Board provides top level strategy and oversight of the operation of British Wool.
Collecting wool from circa 40,000 registered producers and selling circa 30 million kg of British wool per annum, British Wool is based in Bradford with wool depots throughout England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
British Wool was established in 1950 to operate a central marketing system for UK fleece wool, and helps provide UK wool producers with a sustainable, stable and profitable market for British wool within a global textile industry.
British Wool is looking for:
• Post 1: An experienced and senior business leader with a proven track record of success in leading business wide IT design, planning and implementation who will also act as a valuable sounding board and adviser to the management team in terms of its strategic and tactical IT options.
• Post 2: A qualified FCA with a proven track record of success in a senior finance role with strong governance experience who will also act as a valuable sounding board and adviser to the management team in terms of challenge to British Wool’s financial reporting and the integrity of its results.
Both posts will require the successful candidate to demonstrate the following essential skills:
• Strong strategic thinker, able to act as a sounding board for the management team.
• Strong commercial acumen combined with either excellent IT skills (post 1) or excellent financial skills (post 2).
• Good management experience at leading medium and long term change.
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to engage effectively with fellow Board members and to represent the Board’s views to Government and stakeholders.
• The ability to think analytically and creatively, put forward views clearly and cogently and contribute effectively to the formulation of advice, particularly in relation to IT strategic development (post 1) or financial governance (post 2).
• For post 1 the ability to demonstrate IT expertise at Board level including managing IT programmes, implementation of programmes, governance and risk.
• For post 2 a professionally qualified FCA with experience as a non-executive director who is technically up to date, resilient and has a pragmatic approach.
We actively encourage applications from individuals from a wide range of backgrounds. Defra is a Disability Confident employer.
|3_Monitoring form 1 (Conflicts of Interest and Political Activity)|
|4_Monitoring form 2 (Diversity)|
|5_Public Appointments Guidance notes|
|6_Public Appointments-Privacy Notice|