Cardiff and Vale University Health Board - Appointment of Independent Member Trade UnionClosed
|Body:||Cardiff and Vale University Health Board|
|Appointing Department:||Welsh Government|
|Location:||Cardiff and Vale University Health Board , Woodlands House, Maes y Coed Road, Cardiff|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||The successful candidate will be entitled to be reimbursed, if appropriate, against receipts for travel and subsistence expenses incurred while on Health Board business.|
|Time Requirements:||The role is based on a notional commitment of a minimum of four (4) days per month. However, this will be subject to organisational demands and is often higher than the minimum requirement.|
Closed for Applications
17/12/2020 at 16:00
Final Interview Date
Chair Cardiff and Vale University Health Board • Representative of Organisation
Head of Sustainable Workforce • Departmental Official
Professor Ceri Phillips
Role and responsibilities
Independent Members will among other things:-
• Play a full and active role in the governance of the Cardiff and Vale University Health Board, both clinical and corporate. You will take an active part in discussions, providing your opinion and challenge and support to the Board on key issues.
• Contribute to the work of the Board based upon your independence, your past experience and knowledge, and your ability to stand back from the day to day operational management;
• Contribute and accept corporate decisions to ensure a joined up, robust and transparent decision making process by the Board;
• Be expected, in time, to fully understand the business through active involvement to enable the effective performance of the organisation;
• Work closely with other public, private and voluntary organisations and will make sure that the views of patients, carers and families are fully involved in helping to shape, develop and improve services;
• Analyse and critically review complex information and contribute to sound decision making.
• Ability to contribute to the ‘governance and finance’ of the Health Board, ensuring it is open and honest in its work by contributing fully in the decision making process.
It is Essential that Independent Members will demonstrate the following qualities:-
Knowledge & Experience
- An understanding of health issues and priorities in the Health Board’s area and the ability to understand the role and work of the Board;
- Ability to hold the executives to account for performance whilst maintaining a constructive relationship;
- Ability to provide a knowledgeable, impartial and balanced perspective on a range of sensitive and complex issues;
- An understanding of good governance and the Nolan Principles
- An understanding of diversity and inclusion and a commitment to promoting equality and diversity
To be considered, you must be able to demonstrate that you have the qualities, skills and experience to meet all the essential criteria for appointment.
For further information regarding the selection process, please contact:
Public Appointments Team
Public Bodies Unit
For further information regarding the role of the Independent Member Trade Union and please contact Charles Janczewski, Chair of Cardiff and Vale University Health Board.
If you need any further assistance in applying for this role, please contact email@example.com
For further information about Public Appointments in Wales, please visit www.gov.wales/publicappointments
|Information Pack for Candidates - CVUHB - IM Trade Union - (E)|
|Information Pack For Candidates - CVUHB - IM Trade Union - (W)|