Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Non-Executive Director
|Body:||Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science (CEFAS)|
|Appointing Department:||Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs|
|Sectors:||Environment, Food & Rural Affairs, Science & Technology|
|Skills required:||Audit and Risk, Business / Commercial, Change Management, International Experience|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||The remuneration is £10,000 per annum and reasonable expenses are paid|
|Time Requirements:||20 days per year|
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
Professor Gideon Henderson Added 10/12/2020
Defra Chief Scientist • Representative of Organisation
Mark Pendlington Added 10/12/2020
Lead NED • Representative of Organisation
Kath Webster Added 10/12/2020
Director APHA • Senior Independent Panel Member
Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Non-executive advisory directors (NEDs) advise and support the Board and Chief Executive, providing objective and independent views and experiences designed to further our shared Vision and our Values. In particular, NEDs play a key role in helping to lead our people in high standards of science impact and quality, operational effectiveness and corporate governance.
• Experience of working with or in applied marine science, research, and/or biomedical sectors with associated contacts and personal networks
• Influencing strategic decision making at a senior level
• Ability to form partnerships with range of organisations to achieve strategic outcomes
• Delivering enhancements to people performance and culture, especially equality, diversity and inclusivity, in organisations
• The governance, assurance and systems of control that are required to support excellence in a Government or public facing organisation
Please see candidate pack.
We actively encourage applications from individuals from a wide range of backgrounds. Defra is a Disability Confident employer.
How to Apply
All candidates are requested to send the following:
• Monitoring form 1 (Conflicts of Interest and Conduct)
• a cover letter highlighting why you are interested in the post setting out a short summary of evidence/examples of how you meet the experience and personal attributes identified in the Person Specification above
• an up to date CV, including any other current roles and details of referees
• note we invite applications from groups who are currently under-represented, namely from women and ethnic minorities as well as those who identify themselves as living with a disability.
Your completed application should be returned to Karin Rundle, Director of HR/OD by email email@example.com by the closing date of 31st January 2021
|1_CEFAS NED(S) Candidate Information Pack|
|2_Monitoring form 1 (Political Activity and CoI Questionnaire)|
This post is NOT regulated by The Commissioner for Public Appointments.