Chair, Committee on Fuel PovertyClosed
|Body:||Committee on Fuel Poverty|
|Appointing Department:||Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£14,000 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||2-3 days per month|
Closed for Applications
W/C 23/08/21 or W/C 30/08/2021 (TBC)
Final Interview Date
The timeline for this campaign is indicative and subject to change. Please check the advert for any updates.
BEIS Representative, Deputy Director, Warm Homes Team • Representative of Organisation
Representative of Committee on Fuel Poverty • Representative of Organisation
Independent Panel Member • Independent Member
The Committee on Fuel Poverty (CFP) is an advisory non-departmental public body sponsored by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy. The Committee advises on the effectiveness of policies aimed at reducing fuel poverty and encourage greater co-ordination across the organisations working to reduce fuel poverty. The Committee on Fuel Poverty (CFP) consists of a Chair and 5 members who are appointed for 3 years.
The role of the Committee is to report on the progress towards the interim milestones and 2030 fuel poverty target. It also reports on the effectiveness and impact of policies and schemes on fuel poverty.
The Committee has had it’s fourth annual report, published in June 2020.
Further information about The Committee on Fuel Poverty can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/committee-on-fuel-poverty/about
We are seeking to appoint a Chair to the Committee on Fuel Poverty Board.
As Chair of the Committee on Fuel Poverty, you will play a key role in leading the group to deliver high quality, independent, evidence-based advice to Government.
You will also be responsible for reporting this advice to Parliament and communicating with stakeholders and the wider public.
Your role will involve leading, and setting the strategic direction of, a group of independent experts.
You will be someone with strong leadership skills and have knowledge and understanding of fuel poverty issues. Experience of working with fuel poverty stakeholders (such as housing, health, energy supply, local government, household energy efficiency and community engagement) would be advantageous.
You will possess the ability to effectively chair a Board, understand and effectively monitor the progress of the Government’s Fuel Poverty Strategy in England.
Please provide evidence to demonstrate the following:
- You will be someone with strong leadership skills and have knowledge and understanding of fuel poverty issues.
- You will possess the ability to effectively chair a Board and monitor the progress of the Government’s Fuel Poverty Strategy for England.
- The ability to quickly understand and analyse complex issues, such as the need to decarbonise heating in home, strategic engagement across policy areas or building a robust supply chain for energy efficiency measures.
- Able to engage effectively with Ministers and influence senior stakeholders, and act as an advocate for the Committee conveying complex messages clearly to a variety of audiences.
- Knowledge and understanding of fuel poverty issues.
- Experience of working with fuel poverty stakeholders (such as housing, health, energy supply, local government, household energy efficiency and community engagement) would be advantageous.
If we identify more appointable candidates than we currently have posts available, we will hold applicant details on a reserve list for a period of 12 months from which further appointments can be made.
Please tailor your application to show how you meet the criteria listed. You should set out your suitability for the role and how you meet the criteria set out in the person specification.
If you are shortlisted for the role, due diligence will be carried out and your referees are likely to be contacted.
You will be asked to prepare some identification documents if you are invited to an interview – further information will be provided at that stage.
Interviews are likely to be held remotely through Microsoft Teams.
Please note: feedback will only be provided to candidates who attend an interview.
|Candidate Pack - CFP Chair NEW dates|