Chair - Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board
|Body:||Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board|
|Appointing Department:||Welsh Government|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£TBC (pay review pending)|
|Time Requirements:||15 days per month|
Closed for Applications
16/06/2021 at 16:00
Final Interview Date
Stakeholder Engagament session
Dr Andrew Goodall Added 26/05/2021
Director General, Health and Social Services/Chief Executive NHS Wales • Departmental Official
David Jenkins Added 26/05/2021
Former Chair of Aneurin Bevan UHB • Independent Member
Ruth Marks Added 26/05/2021
Senior Independent Panel Member
The Chair will be accountable to the Minister for Health and Social Services for the performance of the Board and its effective governance, upholding the values of the NHS, and promoting the confidence of the public and partners throughout the Health Board area.
The Chair of Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board will:-
- Lead the Board in the Development of a Strategic Vision for the Health Board’s services of the future, realising and building on the inherent potential and skills within the organisation to develop an innovative and exemplar service with the aim of improving well-being and outcomes for the population;
- Provide effective and visible leadership across the breadth of the Board’s responsibilities, internally through the Board and externally through connections with a wide range of stakeholders and partners at community, local authority, Health Board and national levels;
- Ensure the Board delivers effectively together the strategic and operational aims of the Health Board through delivery of strategic aims, policy and ensuring good governance;
- Be responsible for maintaining the highest quality of public health standards and practices, and improving quality and safety of healthcare;
- Be accountable for the performance of the Board at community, local authority, Board and national levels through the agreement of a three year Integrated Medium Term Plan (IMTP) and an annual delivery plan and the annual evaluation of achievements against the plan in public by the Minister for Health and Social Services;
- Hold the Chief Executive to account across the breadth of their responsibilities;
- Work effectively with partners, in particular with primary care contractors and other NHS bodies, Universities, Local Authorities, the Third Sector and Social Partners, to ensure the planning and delivery of safe, effective, person centred services aiming to improve population outcomes;
- Provide the assurance and governance for the proper stewardship of public money and other resources for which the Board is accountable;
- Provide the assurance for ensuring that the Board is governed effectively within the framework and standards set for the NHS in Wales, with a particular emphasis on ensuring openness and transparency;
- Undertake an external ambassador role, delivering in the public spotlight and instilling public confidence.
Knowledge and Experience
- Ability to instill vision and lead the development of defined strategies in the pursuit of achieving long and short-term goals;
- Ability to facilitate the understanding of complex issues while demonstrating respect for the views of others;
- Ability to ensure a board works together effectively through their active involvement in a robust and transparent decision making process;
- Ability to motivate and develop the board to define roles and responsibilities to ensure ownership and accountability;
- A clear commitment to understanding and promoting equality, diversity and inclusion; and
- Ability to show an appreciation of bilingualism and culture, and a commitment to promoting and mainstreaming of the Welsh language.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and ability to act as an effective advocate and ambassador;
- Sound judgement, sensitivity and political awareness;
- Capacity to be independent and resilient;
- The ability to speak Welsh
For further information regarding the selection process, please contact:
Public Appointments Team
Public Bodies Unit
For more information on the Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board, please contact Mrs Georgina Galletly, Director of Governance via email at Georgina.email@example.com who will arrange for you to receive the further information that you request, or for you to speak with Health Board colleagues if requested.
For further information about Public Appointments in Wales, please visit www.gov.wales/publicappointments
How to Apply
To apply for this role, click on the ‘Apply’ button on the Welsh Government online recruitment centre. The first time you apply for a post, you will need to complete a registration form for the Welsh Government’s online application system. You will only need to register once, and you will be able to keep yourself updated on the progress of your application, and any other applications you make, via your registered account.
Once you’ve registered, you’ll be able to access the application form. To apply you will need to submit two supporting documents. The first, a document outlining how your knowledge, skills and experiences meet the criteria for the role as outlined in the information for candidates. This document should be no more than 2 sides of A4. Your application may be rejected if you exceed this limit. The second document is a full, up to date CV. The two documents should be uploaded to the ‘Reasons for applying’ section of the online application form.
In your application, you will also be asked to provide details of any activities which have helped you to develop skills that would be useful in a public appointment role, and list the organisations for which you undertook these activities. We also need to know about any political activity that you’ve undertaken over the last 5 years.
It is recommended that you register for an account and access the application form as soon as possible so that you see how the application form is structured, before starting to prepare your evidence. You don’t have to complete the application form all in one go. You can save your responses, and log in and out as required, until you’re ready to submit – just follow the guidance in the application form.
If you’d like to apply for this opportunity in Welsh, please use the ‘Newid Iaith / Change Language’ link at the top of this page, to take you to the Welsh version of this advert, from which you can apply in Welsh.
If you need any further assistance in applying for this role, please contact the Welsh Government’s Public Appointments Team on: PublicAppointments@gov.wales.
|Chair appointment to CTMUHB - Information for Candidates - english|