Chair - Ebbsfleet Development CorporationAnnounced
|Body:||Ebbsfleet Development Corporation|
|Appointing Department:||Department for Levelling Up, Housing & Communities|
|Sectors:||Business, Finance & Skills, Communities|
|Skills required:||Business / Commercial, Major Projects|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£28,000 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||1 day per week.|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
The Right Honourable Christopher Pincher MP, Minister of State for Housing, appointed Simon Dudley as Chair of the Board of the Ebbsfleet Development Corporation, for a four year term commencing on 21st January 2021 and ending on 20th January 2025.
Date: 26/01/2021View Announcement
Closed for Applications
19/09/2020 at 12:00
Final Interview Date
28th and 29th October 2020
26/01/2021 at 11:00
The Secretary of State for the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) is seeking to appoint a Chair to the Board of the Ebbsfleet Development Corporation (EDC) to drive at pace the Governments ambition to speed up delivery of up to 15,000 homes and 30,000 new jobs in a new Garden City at Ebbsfleet in North Kent.
About the Role
- The Chair will be responsible for the proper running of the EDC Board. They will guide and influence the Corporation at a strategic level providing confident, clear and consistent leadership.
- The Chair will work closely with and support the Chief Executive and his Senior Leadership Team, and both support and challenge the Executive to lead and develop the organisation to ensure it delivers the vision for Ebbsfleet.
- They will be appointed by, and lead EDC’s relationship with the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, his Ministerial Team and the ‘Senior Sponsor’, the senior official in the department who provides the primary strategic link to the Corporation.
- The Chair will act as an ambassador for the Board and for EDC, helping to build and develop collaborative strategic partnerships that support and promote the vision for Ebbsfleet.
- The successful candidate will influence and network with key decision makers and stakeholders and explain how the Corporation is delivering the vision.
- The Chair of the EDC Board is expected to operate within the relevant standards and duties, including the Code of Practice on Corporate governance in central government departments, Managing Public Money and other relevant guidance.
- As the Chair of the Board, there would be further organisation specific governance documents that you would be expected to operate within, including the Framework Document with MHCLG.
- Comprehensive Board level experience as a Chair or Non-Executive Member supporting, challenging and holding to account the executive team and affirming confidence in the organisations ability to deliver on its objectives.
- Experience of forging strong stakeholder engagement, with a proven ability to influence and network with diverse and high-profile key decision makers in both the public and private sectors.
- A proven track record of leadership in organisations of comparable scale and complexity, alongside experience of working with others.
- Strong business and commercial experience along with financial and risk management acumen.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent and sound judgement and set clear strategic direction in a changing environment while assimilating a range of perspectives and evidence from others.
- An understanding of the factors that ensure effective delivery of large-scale mixed-use regeneration projects.
- An understanding of public private sector partnerships and how they deliver large scale regeneration.
- A passion and enthusiasm for working with local communities and Government on regeneration.
- Familiarity with the development and dynamics of Local Growth programmes.
- A sound understanding of the land-use planning system.
- Knowledge and understanding of the house building sector and potential impact of economic and policy changes.
The EDC was established on 20 April 2015 as an Arm’s Length Body of MHCLG. The Corporation is a public body and operates within a sponsorship arrangement with the Department, as documented in the Corporation’s Framework Agreement. Information about the Corporation, Board members and more can be found on the EDC website.
How to Apply
Part 1: Curriculum Vitae– max. 2 pages.
Part 2: Covering Letter– Explaining how you meet the Selection Criteria – max. 2 pages.
Part 3: Online Forms via the two links below
- Further Information Form
- includes, Diversity Monitoring and Disability Confident – Offering an Interview to Disabled People forms.
- Supporting Information Form
- includes, Political Activity, Conflict of Interest and Other Relevant Information Declaration forms.
Guidance that will assist with the completion of your Conflicts of Interest Declaration is attached below.
We cannot accept information and forms submitted with previous applications because your circumstances may have changed. Please email your completed application to the MHCLG Public Appointments Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on 19 September 2020. Please include the reference “EDC Chair” in the subject of your email. Your application will be acknowledged by the Public Appointments Team. We are unable to accept any applications submitted after the closing date.
|Guidance on Conflicts of Interest and Conduct -|