Chair, Government Property Agency
|Body:||Government Property Agency|
|Appointing Department:||Cabinet Office|
|Sectors:||Business, Finance & Skills, Charity & Public Sector|
|Skills required:||Audit and Risk, Business / Commercial|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£37,500 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||3 days per month (36 days per year)|
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
John Manzoni Added 01/07/2019
Chief Executive of the Civil Service and Permanent Secretary of the Cabinet Office • Departmental Official
Mike Parsons Added 01/07/2019
Director General, Government Property • Departmental Official
Sarah Harrison Added 01/07/2019
Director General, Corporate Services, Dept. for Business, Enterprise and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and member of the GPA Board • Representative of Organisation
The Chair of the GPA is appointed by the Minister for the Cabinet Office (Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster) and is directly responsible to him.
The Chair is responsible for ensuring that policies and actions of the GPA support the Minister’s wider strategic policies and that the GPA affairs are conducted with probity. The Director General Government Property (Cabinet Officer Sponsor) is responsible for setting the Chair’s objectives, undertaking periodic performance reviews of the Chair and advising the Minister on the Chair’s performance.
In addition, the Chair has the following leadership responsibilities:
- ensuring that the Board as a whole delivers the functions outlined above;
- ensuring that the Board, in reaching decisions, takes proper account of guidance provided by the Minister or the sponsor department;
- promoting the efficient and effective use of staff and other resources;
- delivering high standards of regularity and propriety; and
- representing the views of the Board to the general public.
The Chair also has an obligation to ensure that:
- the work of the Board and its members is reviewed and that the Board and its members are working effectively;
- the Board has a balance of skills appropriate to directing the GPA’s business, as set out in the Government Code of Good Practice for Corporate Governance;
- Board members are fully briefed on terms of appointment, duties, rights and responsibilities;
- Board members receive appropriate training on financial management and reporting requirements and on any differences that may exist between private and public sector practice;
- they assess the performance of individual board members when being considered for re-appointment;
- the Minister is advised of the skills/experience requirements for any non-executive director Board roles that need to be filled;
- there is a Board Operating Framework in place setting out the role and responsibilities of the Board consistent with the Government Code of Good Practice for Corporate Governance; and
- there is a Code of Practice for Board members in place, consistent with the Cabinet Office Code of Conduct for Board Members of Public Bodies
The successful candidate will:
- be an experienced senior leader with proven success leading in corporate real estate or property management organisations, in the private or public sector
- have the ability to engage effectively with and influence diverse and high profile stakeholders
- be able to show evidence of excellent judgement and the ability to assimilate a range of evidence and perspective
- have experience of establishing and guiding organisations and/or managing change programmes
- have experience of corporate governance and management of risk
- be able to demonstrate capability to work effectively with central government
- be able to demonstrate experience of strategic decision making in the property sector
How to Apply
Please submit the following completed documentation:
- An up to date Curriculum Vitae (maximum three sides of A4) outlining your education, professional qualifications and full employment history.
- An accompanying Supporting Letter (maximum one side of A4) – setting out your suitability for the role and how you meet the requirements of the role set out in the person specification above. Please ensure your full name is clearly noted at the top of your letter.
- Monitoring Form (including conflicts of interest, political activity, diversity) – attached as a separate document (please see Annex A).
- If applicable, Annex B, which concerns the Guaranteed Interview Scheme for disabled people.
- Names and contact details of two referees who will be contacted if you are shortlisted for interview.
Please send all required documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unable to send your application via e-mail please post all documents to:
London SW1A 2AS
If you require any materials in an alternative format please contact: email@example.com explaining the format you require.
|Annex B Government Property Agency interview for disabled form|
|2019-06-25 Chair recruitment pack (2)|
This post is NOT regulated by The Commissioner for Public Appointments.