Chair of the BPDTS LtdAnnounced
|Body:||Arms Length Body|
|Appointing Department:||Department for Work and Pensions|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector|
|Skills required:||IT / Digital|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Time Requirements:||20 days a year|
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
Vacancy closed without appointment
Director, Private Pensions and ALB Partnership, DWP • Departmental Official
Chair, BPDTS Ltd • Other Panel Member
Former OCPA appointed Public Appointments Assessor • Independent Member
The Chair of the BPDTS Board will be able to demonstrate excellent communication and strong and effective leadership qualities to shape and support the delivery of the strategic objectives required to support the Department for Work and Pensions in fulfilling its mission and objectives. The successful candidate will have responsibility for:
- Providing clear, strategic leadership to the Board, ensuring its meetings are focused on the organisation’s current and future priorities and that all Board members contribute fully and effectively;
- Working closely with the Board especially the Chief Executive, ensuring BPDTS is managed effectively and that BPDTS objectives and strategy are translated into clear management objectives;
- Reviewing and setting the BPDTS’ strategic direction within a framework agreed with DWP and its Ministers, ensuring that plans and targets are clear and appropriate;
- Leading the Board in its scrutiny of the performance of the Executive team in delivering those plans and targets efficiently and effectively. Ensuring BPDTS provides excellent value for money in a culture of continuous improvement;
- Building and maintaining constructive and effective relationships at a strategic level with DWP and partner organisations;
- Securing high standards of governance, including evaluating whether the Board’s internal financial controls secure the proper conduct of its financial affairs; and
- Conducting an annual review of the effectiveness of individual board members and arranging for regular reviews of overall effectiveness to take place.
- Strong and effective leadership qualities with the ability to shape and support the delivery of agreed goals, priorities and statutory obligations, the strategic objectives of this relatively new organisation, and the ability to lead through others;
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills, in particular the ability to engage and build effective relationships quickly with stakeholders in the information technology and security landscape;
- Ability to understand the wider digital context and strategic challenges facing the company and its customer, DWP;
- Ability to represent BPDTS Board to the company’s staff, and to act as an ambassador for the company;
- Demonstrable ability of working at a senior level;
- Good knowledge of corporate governance and a clear understanding of the role of the executive versus that of non-executive; and
- Ability to fulfil the role with professional integrity, exemplifying the highest standards of behaviour in public life.
How to Apply
In order for us to progress your application please submit the following completed documentation:
- A CV (maximum 2-3 pages) with your education and professional qualifications and full employment history.
- An accompanying Supporting Letter (maximum 2 pages, font 12) – this is your opportunity to demonstrate how you meet each of the essential and desirable criteria set out in the Candidate Pack. You should aim to provide specific examples that demonstrate how your knowledge and experience matches each of the criteria, and which describe what your role was in achieving a specific result. Please ensure your name is clearly noted at the top of your letter.
- Public Appointment Monitoring Form. This form will not be disclosed to anyone involved in assessing your application. This form includes:
- Personal information
- Equal opportunities monitoring declaration;
- Political activity declaration and
- Conflicts of interest declaration.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme for Disabled Applicants – If you wish to apply for consideration under the scheme, please complete the Guaranteed Interview Scheme Declaration and send it with your application.
Please email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unable to apply by email you may send your application by post to:
Carmela Keogh, ALB Public Appointments Team, Department for Work and Pensions | Private Pensions and Stewardship | 1st Floor, Caxton House | Tothill Street | SW1H 9NA
|BPDTS_Chair_Candidate Pack_ FINAL|
|BPDTS Chair PIF|