Chair of the New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership Board
|Body:||New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP)|
|Appointing Department:||Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy|
|Sectors:||Business, Finance & Skills, Charity & Public Sector|
|Location:||Norfolk and Suffolk|
|Skills required:||Business / Commercial, Regulation|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Time Requirements:||4 days per month|
This is not a ministerial appointment.
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
Partner, Birketts LLP • Other Panel Member
Managing Director, Shorthose Russell • Other Panel Member
Cllr. David Ellesmere
Leader, Ipswich Borough Council • Other Panel Member
Political Activity Labour Party Notes -
Prof. Helen Langton
Vice-Chancellor, University of Suffolk • Other Panel Member
- Provide clarity of purpose to ensure the Board is effective in setting and implementing the organisation’s direction and strategy.
- To take chair at Board and Annual General Meetings. This will involve working with the Chief Executive to determine the order of the agenda; ensuring the board receives accurate, timely and clear information; keeping track of the contribution of individual directors and ensuring they are all involved in discussions and decision-making. At all meetings, the Chair should direct discussions to a consensus view and sum up discussions so that everyone understands what has been agreed.
- Support the Chief Executive to fulfil the organisations potential.
- Create the environment for a high-performing board team.
- Ensure that New Anglia LEP and the Board comply with the published Local Assurance Framework.
- Support the development of the effective and inclusive private public sector partnership to achieve practical outcomes with a consensual approach.
- Promote and inspire confidence in the wider business community and our partners by demonstrating an understanding of the economy, the area and our stakeholders to support and attract business growth.
- Represent New Anglia LEP to the outside world, in meetings with business and public sector partners including Government ministers, and the media.
- Support the recruitment of Board members, Chief Executive and Chief Operating Officer, and provide support for the induction of those recruited.
- Champion diversity and inclusion, for recruitment, membership and decision-making.
- Uphold the high standards set out in the LEP’s Standards of Conducts Policy.
- A senior business leader with a least three years in a board level role.
- A successful individual with good standing in the business community.
- Is making a difference to the New Anglia business economy now.
- Experienced stakeholder management, including building public and private sector partnerships at local and/or regional or national level.
- Experience of chairing meetings, seeking balanced and informed decisions.
- Experience of managing corporate governance and codes of conduct.
- A considered approach to problem-solving and able to demonstrate sound judgement.
- Understands drivers of business growth and economic environment.
- Has the interests of the New Anglia business community and Norfolk and Suffolk’s economy at heart.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Good team player.
- Reliable, effective and efficient.
- Strong influencer and persuader.
- Ability to devote the time to fulfil the role.
The Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy is the facilitator of this advertisement but NOT the appointing body. The appointing body is the New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please email email@example.com.
Applications must include:
- Completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring form. All our roles are accessible to all members of the community and we use this data to monitor our progress;
- A curriculum vitae detailing education and professional qualifications and full employment history, giving details where applicable of budgets and numbers of people managed and relevant achievements/outcomes in recent posts. It is also helpful to have daytime and evening telephone contact numbers and email addresses, which will be used with discretion;
- A short covering letter explaining why this appointment interests you and how you meet the essential skills/core criteria/competences as detailed in job description, as well an indication of when you would be available to take up the role and any constraints such as leave or other commitments.
|NALEP Equal-Opps-Monitoring-Form-Aug-2019 (1)|
This post is NOT regulated by The Commissioner for Public Appointments.