Chair of the Security Industry AuthorityClosed
|Body:||Security Industry Authority|
|Appointing Department:||Home Office|
|Sectors:||Business, Finance & Skills, Regulation|
|Location:||Home working, but regular meetings take place at Canary Wharf in London|
|Skills required:||Audit and Risk, Business / Commercial, Change Management, Regulation|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£54,963 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||Two days per week|
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
Crime Director, Crime, Policing & Fire Group, Home Office • Departmental Official
Chair of the Gangmasters Labour Abuse Authority • Other Panel Member
Colleen Harris MVO
Communications and Media Adviser • Independent Member
Do you want to lead an authority which is ensuring that private security operatives are properly trained and qualified to perform their essential duties?
If so, you can do this by becoming the Chair of the Security Industry Authority (SIA).
The SIA is an executive Non-Departmental Public Body responsible for regulating the UK private security industry. It is an important delivery partner to protect the public, through ensuring that unsuitable people are prevented from working in the industry. It’s two main duties are:
- the compulsory licensing of individuals undertaking designated activities within the private security industry,
- to manage the voluntary Approved Contractor Scheme (ACS), which measures private security suppliers against independently assessed criteria.
As Chair of the Authority you will provide effective leadership for the operation of the SIA, playing a significant role in ensuring that the SIA and its staff maintain the capability to:
- Deliver the SIA’s statutory responsibilities and objectives.
- Take fully into account the Government’s objectives and priorities for protecting the public.
- Enable the SIA to respond positively and constructively to any changes in its policy or operational context.
- Achieve its performance indicators, as defined in the SIA business plan
- Deliver value for money.
- Maintain and develop effective partnerships at a strategic level with key bodies.
Your application should meet the following essential criteria.
Part One – Essential Criteria
- Outstanding strategic leadership qualities that will inform and influence a compelling vision.
- Ability to work with the Executive and Non Executives to develop a high performing Board, leading the strategic direction and working in a constantly evolving environment
- Ability to manage a complex range of stakeholders and to work collaboratively to build consensus among diverse individuals.
- Strong understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the Chair, Board and Chief Executive in the governance arrangements of a Non-Departmental Public Body or equivalent public or private sector organisation.
- Ability to work in a transformational system and business change environment, to reflect the significant strategic and operational transition the organisation is experiencing.
- A professional track record that demonstrates dynamic and strategic leadership and inspires confidence in your ability to guide the SIA in its mission of protecting public.
- A successful track record of managing relations with a complex range of stakeholders in an environment where decisions are taken under tough internal and external scrutiny.
- A sound understanding of and strong commitment to diversity, equal opportunities, public service values and the principles of public life.
Part Two – Personal skills
- Excellent communication, influencing and relationship management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively using persuasion and influence effectively in a high-profile environment.
- Undisputed personal integrity and a personal style that demonstrates authority and commitment to public services values.
- Ability to engage successfully with the media.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all. Appointment will be made on merit following an open, fair and transparent competition.
|Diversity Monitoring Form Accessible (6)|
|Home Office Privacy Notice - Final|
|200818 - SIA Chair - Recruitment Pack - Final|
|Annex B - Supporting documentation 2020 - Final|