Chair - Single Financial Guidance BodyAnnounced
|Body:||Single Financial Guidance Body|
|Appointing Department:||Department for Work and Pensions|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||See candidate pack for details|
|Time Requirements:||2.5 days per week|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
Date: 31/05/2018View Announcement
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
Director of Private Pensions and ALB Partnership DWP • Departmental Official
Chair, The Pensions Regulator • Other Panel Member
Director, HMT • Other Panel Member
Former OCPA Public Appointments • Independent Member
The Chair is a high profile role at the helm of a large, new and significant guidance body responsible for merging the services of three respected and well-established organisations, ensuring that the Board and the SFGB staff that support it work effectively.
The new Chair will need to be able to effectively and confidently represent the body, acting as the public face of the organisation. The successful candidate will have exceptional leadership and communication skills to fill this challenging role and be able to engage collaboratively and persuasively with a very broad range of senior stakeholders including Ministers, Government officials and other key external stakeholders.
Working collaboratively with the Chief Executive, the Chair will initially need to focus on managing a challenging transition of merging the three existing organisations effectively as well as driving forward the design and development of the new organisation therefore the job role reflects key start up and transitional requirements. As the new body beds in, the Chair will also become responsible for the effective operation of the Board and its Committees.
- You will have strong and effective leadership qualities with the ability to shape and support the delivery of the strategic objectives of the new organisation, and the ability to lead through others during a period of significant change.
- You will be an experienced non-executive, able to demonstrate an excellent knowledge of corporate governance and a clear understanding of the role of the executive versus that of non-executive;
- You should possess an excellent understanding of, and commitment to, building a service for the consumer and the delivery of high quality customer service to members of the public;
- In this role you must be able to build constructive relationships at all levels – communicating effectively and persuasively whilst demonstrating sound judgement, in support of the successful delivery of the organisation’s objectives including an ambitious national strategy that seeks to improve the financial capability of members of the public as well as the provision of financial education to young people;
- You must be able to demonstrate a strong ability to represent a large high profile organisation effectively. You should also be capable of demonstrating authoritative leadership across a number of sectors with credibility and influence; and
- Able to fulfil the role with professional integrity, exemplifying the highest standards of behaviour in public life.
How to Apply
In order for us to progress your application please submit the following completed documentation:
- A CV (maximum 2-3 pages) with your education and professional qualifications and full employment history.
- An accompanying Supporting Letter (maximum 2 pages, font 12) – this is your opportunity to demonstrate how you meet each of the essential and desirable criteria set out in the Candidate Pack. You should aim to provide specific examples that demonstrate how your knowledge and experience matches each of the criteria, and which describe what your role was in achieving a specific result.
- Please ensure your name is clearly noted at the top of your letter.
- Public Appointment Monitoring Form. This form will not be disclosed to anyone involved in assessing your application. This form includes:
- Personal information
- Equal opportunities monitoring declaration;
- Political activity declaration and
- Conflicts of interest declaration.
|SFGB Chair_Candidate Pack_ FINAL|
|SFGB Chair Personal-Information-Form|