Chair - Swansea Bay Local University Health Board
|Body:||Swansea Bay Local University Health Board|
|Appointing Department:||Welsh Government|
|Skills required:||Business / Commercial|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£69,840 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||15 days per month|
Closed for Applications
13/12/2019 at 16:00
Final Interview Date
27/01/2020 at 12:00
Dr Andrew Goodall Added 13/11/2019
Director General & NHS Wales Chief Executive, Welsh Govt • Departmental Official
Political Activity - Notes -
Helen Arthur Added 13/11/2019
Director of Workforce & Organisational Deveopment • Departmental Official
Political Activity - Notes -
Swansea Bay University Health Board (formerly ABMU) was created on April 1, 2019 after responsibility for providing healthcare services in the Bridgend County Borough Council area passed from ABMU to the new Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board. Swansea Bay UHB covers a population of around 390,000 in the Neath Port Talbot and Swansea areas and we have a budget of around £1bn. The health board employs approximately 12,500 staff.
The Chair will demonstrate the following qualities:-
Knowledge and Experience
- Ability to develop the strategic vision for the future;
- Ability to provide systems leadership and to work with Health Boards, Welsh Government, community groups, patients and other stakeholders to develop and drive forward that strategic vision;
- Ability to hold the executives to account for performance whilst maintaining a constructive relationship;
- A broad understanding of governance issues and how governance applies to the corporate, clinical and information management.
- An understanding of health issues and priorities in the Swansea Bay Local University Health Board area and the ability to understand the role and work of the Board;
- Ability to provide a knowledgeable, impartial and balanced perspective on a range of sensitive and complex issues;
Personal Attributes and Skills
- Ability to lead and inspire staff, to look ahead and identify key issues for the Board;
- Drive and determination, with the ability to instil vision and develop defined strategies to pursue long and short-term goals;
- Ability to facilitate, understanding of complex issues while demonstrating respect for the views of others;
- Ability to ensure a board works together effectively through their active involvement in a robust and transparent decision making process;
- Ability to motivate and develop the board to define roles and responsibilities to ensure ownership and accountability;
- Strong interpersonal skills with personal impact and credibility to be an effective advocate and ambassador with strong influencing and negotiating skills;
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to be clear and succinct, and to be able to engage with people at all levels;
- Sound judgement, sensitivity and political awareness;
- Capacity to be independent and resilient.
The Chair must also demonstrate:-
A clear understanding and commitment to equality.
For further information regarding the selection process, please contact:
The Corporate Shared Service Centre
Tel: 03000 255454
For further information or to arrange an informal discussion about the role of the Chair please contact:
Dr Andrew Goodall, NHS Wales Chief Executive.
Tel: 03000 251182 (Dr Goodall)
For further information about Swansea Bay Local University Health Board, you may wish to visit the Health Board’s web site: https://sbuhb.nhs.wales/
If you need any further assistance in applying for this role, please contact the Welsh Government’s Corporate Shared Service Centre Helpdesk on 03000 255454 or email@example.com
For further information about Public Appointments in Wales, please visit www.gov.wales/publicappointments
How to Apply
To make an application, please visit the Welsh Government Public Appointments website here https://cymru-wales.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/appcentre-3/brand-2/candidate/jobboard/vacancy/7/adv/.
To apply for this role, click on the Swansea Bay Local University Health Board vacancy and click on ‘Apply’ at the bottom left hand corner. The first time you apply for a post, you will need to complete a registration form for the Welsh Government’s online application system. You will only need to register once, and you will be able to keep yourself updated on the progress of your application, and any other applications you make, via your registered account.
Once you’ve registered, you’ll be able to access the application form. To apply you will need to submit the application form and two supporting documents.
The first document is a personal statement answering the questions on pages 3 and 4 of the Information Pack for Applicants. This document should be no more than two sides of A4. Your application may be rejected if you exceed this limit. The second supporting document is a full, up to date CV.
The two documents should be uploaded to the “Reasons for applying” section of the online application form.
|Swansea Bay Chair -Information for Candidates - English|
|Swansea Bay Chair -Information for Candidates - Welsh|