Chair - Office for Nuclear RegulationAnnounced
|Body:||Office for Nuclear Regulation|
|Appointing Department:||Department for Work and Pensions|
|Location:||London and Bootle|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£52,800 based on a minimum time commitment of 8 days per month (96 per annum)|
|Time Requirements:||8 days per month|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
Date: 21/02/2019View Announcement
Closed for Applications
26/10/2018 at 18:00
Final Interview Date
Charlotte Clark Added 16/10/2018
Director, Private Pensions and ALB Partnership, Department for Work and Pensions • Departmental Official
Helen Shirley-Quirk Added 17/09/2018
Strategy Director, Department for Business, Energy & Industrial • Other Panel Member
Mark Boyle Added 17/09/2018
Chair, The Pensions Regulator • Other Panel Member
Rosie Varley Added 17/09/2018
Former OCPA appointed Public Appointments Assessor • Independent Member
The Chair of the ONR Board must be able to demonstrate excellent communication and strong and effective leadership qualities. The Chair will shape and support the delivery of strategic objectives.
The successful candidate will be accountable to the Secretary of State and have responsibility for ensuring that ONR delivers efficient and effective regulation of the nuclear industry in line with its statutory purposes. The Chair is also responsible for ensuring that ONR’s policies and actions support the responsible minister’s and the Government’s wider strategic policies and that the ONR Board’s affairs are conducted with probity.
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of a highly regulated industry (high hazard and/or major infrastructure) with large-scale investment and long-term deliverables;
- Strong and effective leadership skills with the ability to shape and support the organisation during a period of significant change;
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills including the ability to operate sensitively and constructively, build positive relationships to promote and enhance ONR’s reputation, and gain trust and credibility from ONR stakeholders;
- Extensive experience of board level roles in a large national organisation, primarily as a Non-Executive and preferably as Chair;
- Ability to Chair an organisation where demonstrating its independence and impartiality across the range of stakeholders is crucial, and with a sound understanding of the policy, political and environment context within which the organisation operates; and
- Ability to fulfil the role with professional integrity, exemplifying the highest standards of behaviour in public life.
- An understanding of the environment within which the public sector operates; and
- Private sector experience.
Applicants must not have worked in the nuclear sector in the six months prior to joining the ONR Board so as to avoid a conflict of interest
How to Apply
Please submit the following completed documentation:
- A CV (maximum 2-3 pages) with your education and professional qualifications and full employment history.
- An accompanying Supporting Statement (maximum 2 pages) – this is your opportunity to demonstrate how you meet each of the criteria. The initial sift which takes place is based on this information so it is important to fully address the criteria. You should aim to provide specific examples that demonstrate how your knowledge and experience matches each of the criteria, and which describe what your role was in achieving a specific result.
- Please ensure your full name is clearly noted at the top of your letter.
- Personal Information and Diversity Monitoring Forms Most of the information requested is not seen by the panel assessing your application (though the panel may consider your declaration of interests).
If relevant, please also submit a completed Guaranteed Interview Scheme Form if applying under this scheme.
If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend for interview, please advise us when you return your application.
Please email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Diversity Form_ONR Chair|
|ONR Chair candidate pack Final REV|