Chair, Greater Lincolnshire Local Enterprise Partnership
|Body:||Greater Lincolnshire Local Enterprise Partnership|
|Appointing Department:||Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy|
|Sectors:||Business, Finance & Skills, Charity & Public Sector, Communities|
|Skills required:||Business / Commercial|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Time Requirements:||3 years|
This is not a ministerial appointment.
Closed for Applications
27/01/2023 at 17:00
30/01/2023 - 03/02/2023
Final Interview Date
06/02/2023 - 17/02/2023
The timetable sets out key dates in our recruitment process. Please ensure that you mention in your covering letter if any of these dates present you with a problem.
To provide leadership of the Board and ensure its effectiveness in all aspects of it’s role
To support the LEP in developing the strategic direction and priorities that will deliver the LEP’s objectives.
To be an effective external advocate of Greater Lincolnshire and the Greater Lincolnshire LEP in public and with Local Authorities and Whitehall, as well as being a credible advocate in both print and broadcast media.
• The ability to represent the views of business, in an environment where local authorities and MPs are drawn across the political spectrum
• A strategic mindset
• An appreciation of the issues in the Greater Lincolnshire area, including local economic, business, infrastructure and political landscape
• High level listening skills, ensuring that all internal and external stakeholders have their say and feel that they have been listened to
• Ability to access, build and maintain strong and effective networks and working relationships across sectors and at all levels, and with Westminster and Whitehall
• High level influencing, relationship and stakeholder engagement skills
• Politically astute; able to make sense of the full context in which the LEP operates and to guide LEP executives appropriately
- The post is a Volunteer Non-Executive Director role not remunerated, but does pay expenses.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit: http://www.greaterlincolnshirelep.co.uk
To make an application please include:
• A short covering letter explaining why this appointment interests you and how you meet the essential skills/core criteria/competences as detailed in role description, as well an indication of availability to commence the role and any constraints such as notice periods or other commitments.
• Completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring form. All our roles are accessible to all members of the community and we use this data to monitor our progress;
• A curriculum vitae detailing education and professional qualifications and full employment history, giving details where applicable of budgets and numbers of people managed relevant achievements/outcomes in recent posts and latest remuneration. It is also helpful to have daytime and evening telephone contact numbers and email addresses, which will be used with discretion
|Candidate Pack - Greater Lincolnshire LEP Chair Recruitment|
This post is NOT regulated by The Commissioner for Public Appointments.