Child Safeguarding Practice Review Panel - ChairClosed
|Body:||Department for Education|
|Appointing Department:||Department for Education|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Regulation|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£500 per day|
|Time Requirements:||Six to eight days per month.|
Closed for Applications
31/07/2020 at 11:00
Outcomes communicated to applicants
By end September 2020
Final Interview Date
By End November 2020
Acting Director of Children’s Social Care • Departmental Official
Chief Constable of the Norfolk Constabulary and the National Police Chiefs' Council lead on child protection • Independent Member
Deputy Chief Nursing Officer NHS England/Improvement • Other Panel Member
Chief Executive Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames • Other Panel Member
The chair is responsible for leading and managing the Panel. They must lead development and implementation of a strategic vision for the Panel and ensure the reviews under their supervision identify improvements safeguarding partners or others should make to better safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
• To provide strategic leadership for the Panel, leading the development and implementation of a strategic vision for the Panel.
• To be ultimately responsible and accountable for the Panel’s work and conduct of its functions. This includes taking urgent decisions on behalf of the whole Panel when required.
• To ensure the Panel demonstrates the highest standards of integrity at all times, including ensuring the identification and management of any conflicts of interest which might arise.
• Chairing Panel meetings effectively so that objectives are met, ensuring that all members’ views are taken into account, and creating a culture of openness, debate and collaboration that maximises use of all members’ skills and experience.
• To ensure the ongoing effectiveness and development of the Panel and regularly evaluate the Panel’s effectiveness. This includes leading long-term planning for Panel membership and succession.
• To represent the Panel to the public, media and children’s social care and safeguarding sector.
• To build and maintain positive relationships with Multi-Agency Safeguarding Partners at both national and local level.
If you wish to speak to a colleague to find out more about the role, please contact Mailbox.NationalReviewPanel@education.gov.uk A colleague will then contact you to discuss the role.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the ability to: provide strong strategic leadership; chair high level meetings; effectively manage team dynamics and maintain the confidence of others, including child safeguarding professionals, Ministers and the public.
The right candidate will also demonstrate a strong understanding of multi-agency child safeguarding arrangements, policy and frontline delivery.
We welcome applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds and experience.
Applicants will be assessed against the following criteria. In your application you should demonstrate clearly how you meet each of the following requirements of the post.
• The ability to provide strong strategic leadership to the Panel and guide the work of the independent secretariat, demonstrated by a significant record of achievement in senior leadership roles in a complex organisation.
• The ability to chair high level meetings, manage team dynamics and motivate team members effectively so that objectives are met and clear decisions made.
• The ability to think strategically and exercise sound independent judgement on complex and sensitive issues.
• The ability to analyse and interpret detailed information from a range of agencies involved in serious child safeguarding cases.
• Being a skilled communicator and influencer, who can use those skills to handle high-profile, sensitive issues and gain and keep the respect and confidence of others, including the child safeguarding sector, Ministers and the public.
• A strong understanding of multi-agency safeguarding arrangements.
|CSPRP - candidate Application Form|
|Public Appointments Privacy Notice|