Civil Aviation Authority - Non-Executive Directors
|Body:||Civil Aviation Authority|
|Appointing Department:||Department for Transport|
|Location:||London and Gatwick|
|Skills required:||Accountancy, Audit and Risk, Change Management, IT / Digital|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Remuneration:||£25,000 per year. Non-Executive Members are also sometimes required to take part in panel hearings for safety or licensing matters, reimbursed at an additional day rate of £430.|
|Time Requirements:||60 days per annum|
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
Olivia Grant Added 14/01/2021
Independent Panel Member • Independent Member
Dr Rannia Leontaridi Added 14/01/2021
Director of Aviation, Department for Transport • Departmental Official
Sir Stephen Hillier Added 14/01/2021
Chair, Civil Aviation Authority • Representative of Organisation
The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) is a public corporation and the UK’s specialist independent aviation regulator. The CAA has specific responsibilities for aviation safety, security, management of UK airspace, economic regulation of some airports and air traffic control, enforcement of consumer protection rules, and the management of the ATOL financial protection scheme for holidaymakers.
The Secretary of State for Transport is seeking to appoint three Non Executive Directors to join the Board of the CAA.
We are looking for outstanding individuals who can participate in setting the direction of a key transport regulator as the aviation sector recovers from the impact of the global COVID-19 pandemic, and additional responsibilities as the UK leaves the European Aviation Safety Agency, and shaping the real-world experience of the multiple stakeholders the CAA serves.
The roles will provide independent and constructive challenge to the CAA’s executive team, ensuring the CAA delivers against its strategic objectives. We are looking for candidates with high level executive or non executive Board experience and the ability to contribute effectively across the breadth of the CAA’s work. One role is for a general Non Executive Director, while the one of the two others requires up to date experience of the aviation safety industry and the other a Chartered Accountant with experience of preparing or assuring complex annual reports and accounts.
You will have:
- Management experience and knowledge of effective governance at a senior level in complex organisations in the private, public or voluntary sectors, preferably at Board level; and
- excellent commercial business understanding.
You may have a background in one or more of the following
- professional or voluntary work in transport operations including the development of people’s skills;
- digital and technology experience to deliver and meet government aims for transport in a digital age; and
- delivering a high level of customer service to a wide range of customers
We are particularly interested in candidates with a background in aviation, transport, central government, a major regulator or a major regulated organisation.
How to Apply
If you wish to apply, please supply the following to DfTPublicAppointments@dft.gov.uk by 25 February 2021:
- A CV (2 pages) setting out your career highlights and including any relevant supporting information.
- A short supporting statement (2 pages) setting out clearly the role or roles for which you wish to apply, giving evidence of the strength and depth of your ability to meet the skills needed to succeed in these roles. Please provide examples to demonstrate how you meet each of the experience, qualities and skill areas identified in the ‘skills needed to succeed in the role’.
- Please ensure that you complete the supporting documentation form. This captures your diversity information, which is used only for statistical monitoring purposes. It separately asks you to provide referees and declare potential conflicts of interest.
The Department for Transport is committed to the principles of appointments based on merit with independent assessment, openness and transparency of process. In particular, the Department is committed to addressing the under-representation of women, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities who have the required skills and experience.
|CAA Non-Executive Directors Candidate Pack|
|CAA Non-Executive Directors Candidate Pack Accessible|
|Supporting Documentation form|