Coal Authority - ChairAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy|
|Location:||The Coal Authority’s Headquarters is in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, England but they deliver services across England, Scotland and Wales. The Chair could be based anywhere in Great Britain as long as they are willing to travel for site and stakeholder Visits as needed. The majority of Board and Committee meetings can be held flexibly using video conferencing technology.|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||The post-holder will be paid £27,050 per year for this part time role. Reasonable travel and subsistence expenses will be reimbursed.|
|Time Requirements:||The successful candidate will be expected to make a time commitment of 5 days per month. Any additional days worked will be on a voluntary basis.|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
Jeff Halliwell appointment Chair of the Coal Authority. Further information on the announcement is here.View Announcement
Closed for Applications
w/c 9/11. Please note this date is subject to change.
Final Interview Date
w/c 30/11 and w/c 07/12. Please note these dates are subject to change.
Director, Energy Development and Resilience Directorate • Departmental Official
Chair of the Met Office • Other Panel Member
Director for Floods and Water, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs • Independent Member
Help us make a better future for people and the environment in mining areas.
The Chair has the following leadership responsibilities:
- Effective, cooperative and inclusive leadership of the Board that will provide sound strategic direction. This includes enabling a high standard of discussion; helping to steer the Coal Authority by collaborative working across Government; and ensuring that systems are in place to provide Board members and the Executive team with the support they need to carry out their roles;
- Working with the Board to ensure that they and the Executive team have an appropriate and diverse range of skills, experience and outlook;
- Offering support and counsel to the Executive team while holding them to account and providing constructive challenge on the delivery of the Coal Authority Business Plan; and,
- Maintaining clear and effective channels of communication with internal and external stakeholders and acting as an ambassador for the Coal Authority.
We wish to attract high calibre applicants from diverse backgrounds who have the ability to provide strong leadership and direction to the Board.
Your application should demonstrate all the following:
- How you would develop a Board and provide strategic and innovative leadership through a complex economic, commercial and political environment;
- Your ability to manage Board members as a team to meet common goals, scrutinise governance and delivery, and ensure best outcomes for the organisation;
- A willingness to learn financial and commercial accountability;
- Effective communication and influencing skills including an ability to maintain a sense of perspective and to pick out critical issues, listen sensitively, debate constructively, decide independently, and persuade others of their view;
- Familiarity of public sector corporate governance;
- Understanding of community and customer focused delivery or the willingness to learn; and,
- An energy background.
We will be holding an open webinar for interested potential applicants.
As it stands, we are likely to proceed with the open webinar on the updated date of Tuesday 6th October 2020 at 16:00. Please note that this date/time is subject to change.
If you are interested, please register by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org where you will be sent the link. This will be done in confidence.
We will then also offer 1:1 discussions for shortlisted candidates with the Coal Authority CEO, Lisa Pinney and / or Stephen Dingle, the current Chair of the Coal Authority, ahead of interview. Further details will be provided to candidates who are shortlisted.
If you are shortlisted for the role, due diligence will be carried out and your referees are likely to be contacted.
You will be asked to prepare some identification documents if you are invited to an interview – further information will be provided at that stage.
Interviews are likely to be held online through Microsoft Teams.
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is 25/10/2020 at 23:00. Late applications will not be accepted.
To apply for this post please:
- Complete the Application Form by clicking here.
- Submit your CV and supporting statement with the subject “Coal Authority, Chair” to email@example.com
If you have any queries about the application process, please contact Nadia Toma at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Coal Authority Chair Applicant Pack 2020|