Coast to Capital Local Enterprise Partnership, Vice-Chair
|Body:||Coast to Capital Local Enterprise Partnership|
|Appointing Department:||Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy|
|Sector:||Business, Finance & Skills|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||The post is not remunerated, although reasonable travel and expenses will be paid.|
|Time Requirements:||1 to 2 days per month.|
This is not a ministerial appointment.
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
We are seeking an outstanding Vice Chair in order to help lead the region and meet our ambitious vision set out in Gatwick 360. The role of the Vice Chair is key in supporting the LEP Chair and the delivery of our objectives. We are keen to hear from outstanding individuals who are capable of representing businesses across our entire area passionate about driving forward our economic growth.
The Vice Chair’s responsibilities are to:
- Support the Chairman to deliver his duties and deputise for the Chairman at Board and other meetings as required as a proxy, also in instances when the Chairman is conflicted.
- Attend Coast to Capital Board and Chairman’s Committee meetings and provide support to Board members and Sub-Committees as required.
- Foster positive working relationships amongst Board members and exemplify Board member behaviour and input.
- Act as an ambassador and champion for Coast to Capital, engaging in projects which require Board member leadership.
- Advise the Coast to Capital Chief Executive and support strategy development.
- Ensure that the LEP acts in a transparent, efficient and effective way.
Further responsibilities as a Board Director include:
- Contributing to the development of an effective private, public and third sector partnership.
- Contributing to the implementation of the overall strategy and priorities and to help the Board maintain focus.
- Contributing knowledge and expertise to illuminate the business issues facing the area, the strengths and opportunities and the initiatives which could be taken to drive business
- Attending and chairing working groups and other meetings on specific issues.
- Represent Coast to Capital at high profile events including speaking opportunities.
- Established in your field with extensive senior leadership experience within the private or
- commercial sector.
- Proven experience of performing a non-executive role and experience of working well with non-executive Directors.
- Experience of working with senior local politicians, MPs, regional and national agencies, and government departments.
- Proven track record in demonstrating leadership to develop and drive strategic change.
- Track record of success in actively promoting collaboration, joint initiatives, and partnerships.
- Strong reputation and professional network with established working relationships within the Coast to Capital area.
- Ability to grasp strategic issues facing local and central government in relation to economic growth.
- Well-developed strategic, influencing, and negotiation skills, and ability to work across organisations in an open and effective way.
- Strong leadership and team working skills, with strong self-confidence and motivational skills.
- Ability to understand, monitor and manage the detail of complex programme management information.
- Ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders from local government, education and business sectors.
- Ability to exercise effective judgement and decision-making in a political and multi-disciplinary
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent networking skills.
- Ability to Chair meetings effectively.
- Ability to work closely with the Chief Executive and his senior team to support the work of Coast to Capital.
- Ability to act in accordance with the seven Nolan Principles of public life.
- Understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing the economy in our region, and a commitment to creating an environment where business can flourish.
- Familiarity with the wider issues affecting our region and a desire to make a difference to the area. Candidates must live and/or work in the area; or have or have had experience of participating in a business or businesses based in the area. Candidates must also be able to offer the time and commitment necessary to make a success of these roles.
The Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy is the facilitator of this advertisement but NOT the appointing body. The appointing body is the Coast to Capital Local Enterprise Partnership.
How to Apply
Please send your application to Hazel.Nicholmann@coast2capital.org.uk by Wednesday 29 May.
Please supply the following for your application:
- An up-to-date CV setting out your career history, with an overview of your responsibilities and achievements and preferred contact details.
- A supporting statement (or covering letter) of no more than two pages which fully addresses
- The criteria in the job description and person specification.
- Details of two referees who can speak authoritatively about you, along with a brief statement of the capacity and period of time in which they have known you. Referees will not be contacted without your prior consent.
It is essential that your CV and supporting statement (or covering letter) reference all the relevant experience that the selection panel will be looking for in the sift process.
We will acknowledge your application within 24 hours. If you have not received confirmation please call 01403 333840.
|Coast to capital - application pack|
This post is NOT regulated by The Commissioner for Public Appointments.