Committee Member, Committee on Standards in Public Life *Extended Until 31 August 2022Closed
|Body:||Committee on Standards in Public Life|
|Appointing Department:||Cabinet Office|
|Skills required:||Audit and Risk, Business / Commercial, Change Management, Communication / Media / Marketing, HR, IT / Digital, Legal / Judicial, Regulation|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£240 per day|
|Time Requirements:||2 days per month|
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
Members of the Committee have collective responsibility for its operation and are expected to contribute fully to the work of the Committee. They must be able and willing to:
● Engage fully in collective consideration of issues and formulation of recommendations taking account of the full range of relevant factors;
● Contribute to drafting of reports and position papers; including co-leading with the Chair on reviews; and,
● Ensure that the work of the Committee is open and transparent, in particular by appearing at public meetings and evidence sessions.
In addition, all members of the Committee must:
● ensure they understand their duties, rights and responsibilities, and that they are familiar with the function and role of CSPL and any relevant statements of government policy. New Committee members will be briefed on these issues by the Secretariat;
● ensure they act in accordance with the Code of Practice for board members of public bodies and the Seven Principles of Public Life;
● comply with any rules set by the Committee and Cabinet Office regarding remuneration and allowances, the reimbursement of expenses and the acceptance of gifts and hospitality; and
● not misuse information gained in the course of their public service for personal gain or for political purpose, nor seek to use the role of public service to promote their private interests or those of closely connected persons, firms, businesses or other organisations.
• Personal integrity and strength of character;
• Understanding of, and commitment to, the need to maintain the highest standards of public life;
• The ability to command the confidence of Ministers, Parliament and the public;
• The ability to examine issues in an objective and analytical way;
• Ability to work well within a small team; and
• The ability to contribute to the drafting of reports and other documents.
• Demonstrable understanding /experience of best practice in establishing high ethical standards in professional or public organisations.