Consumer Council for Water - Independent Board MembersClosed
|Body:||Consumer Council for Water (CCW)|
|Appointing Department:||Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs|
|Sector:||Environment, Food & Rural Affairs|
|Location:||England and Wales|
|Skills required:||Accountancy, Audit and Risk, Business / Commercial, Regulation|
|Number of Vacancies:||4|
|Remuneration:||Members are entitled to remuneration of £11,718 per annum. Fees will be paid into a nominated bank account by BACS transfer monthly in arrears. All remuneration relating to the appointment is taxable and PAYE in respect of income tax and National Insurance Contributions will be deducted at source|
|Time Requirements:||The time commitment for the role is 3 days per month|
Closed for Applications
16/11/2020 at 12:00
Week commencing 23 November 2020
Final Interview Date
15 January 2021
Early February 2021
Robert Light Added 08/10/2020
Chair of Consumer Council for Water • Senior Independent Panel Member
Sophie Broadfield Added 08/10/2020
Deputy Director, Water Services, Defra • Departmental Official
Eifiona Williams Added 08/10/2020
Head of Water Branch, Welsh Government • Other Panel Member
Isabel Liu Added 08/10/2020
Independent Board Member of Transport Focus • Independent Member
The Secretary of State is seeking to appoint four Independent Members to the CCW Board. The primary role of CCW’s Independent Board Members is to contribute to the good governance of the organisation by bringing wide experience and critical detachment to the work of the Board.
All members of the CCW Board are appointed to carry out a national role. Board members responsibilities include:
• establishing the overall strategic direction of CCW;
• ensuring that high standards of corporate governance are observed at all times;
• maintaining and continuing to improve positive relationships with key stakeholders;
• challenging water companies where appropriate on behalf of customers to ensure delivery of customer benefits whether financial and/or improvements in service;
• ensuring that the public body complies with any statutory or administrative requirements; and
• carrying out formal consumer case reviews for CCW as necessary.
Board Members will contribute to the work of the Board by:
• being familiar with, and keeping up to date with CCW’s work and strategic policies;
• participating in the business and decision making processes of the Board through active involvement in Board meetings, Committees, working and other groups.
Board Members take a lead role in an area of CCW’s strategic work or its campaigns and work closely with members of the Executive Team and employees in this area. Examples of lead areas include engagement and communication, vulnerable consumers and improving water regulation for consumers. The Essential Criteria section later in this document includes the ‘additional expertise’ that CCW is looking for from successful candidates to enhance and complement the Board’s existing strengths.
CCW’s Code of Governance sets out more details on the operation of the Board and its Committees and includes more detail on the role of Board Members.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate all of the following essential criteria:
• A clear passion and enthusiasm for representing consumers and their interests, and for driving improvements in the service and value for money they experience;
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to think creatively and challenge constructively in a board setting across a range of issues including strategy, governance, operational delivery and finance;
• The ability to build collaborative relationships and command the confidence of fellow Board members, the CCW Executive Team as well as the organisation’s employees and stakeholders.
We actively encourage applications from individuals from a wide range of backgrounds. Defra is a Disability Confident employer.
|Candidate pack - Welsh|
|2_Monitoring form 1 (Conflicts of Interest and Conduct)|
|3_Monitoring form 2 (Diversity and political activity form)|
|4_Public Appointments Guidance Notes|
|5_Public Appointments Privacy Notice|