Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust, Non-executive DirectorClosed
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health and Social Care|
|Location:||Coventry and Warwickshire|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Time Requirements:||2-3 days per month|
Closed for Applications
30/11/2022 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
We are seeking a Non-executive Director with a background in clinical leadership for Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust (CWPT)
Could you help lead the NHS in Coventry and Warwickshire?
CWPT has a vacancy for a talented and experienced professional to join their Board in the post of Non-executive Director, in which you will share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people served by the Trust.
This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people served by the Trust. The successful candidate will bring an understanding of the governance of patient safety and experience from core health professional roles (nursing, medical, psychology or allied disciplines) or from social care, academia and research. The successful candidate will Chair the Safety and Quality Committee.
This is an exciting time for Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust. They are a key partner of the Coventry and Warwickshire Integrated Care System (ICS) and also work collaboratively across the Midlands region with providers of Mental Health Services and Learning Disability Services. They pride themselves on their approach to working in collaboration with others to deliver the best health outcomes for the patients.
What matters to CWPT is that you bring a diversity of experience that adds value to their Board. CWPT welcomes applications from individuals with the right values who bring senior leadership experience gained from core health professional roles (nursing, medical, psychology or allied disciplines) or from social care, academia and research.
You will live in or have strong connections with the Coventry and Warwickshire areas.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have recent senior or board level experience in two of the following areas:
- Expertise in the delivery of clinical care, quality improvement or patient safety
- Experience in senior leadership gained from nursing, medical, psychology, allied disciplines or social care experience
- Experience of working at a senior/leadership level in academia, research, regulation or policy development & analysis
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
- We strongly recommend an informal and confidential discussion with Jagtar Singh, the Chair of the trust. Please contact Emma Denis at Emma.Denis@covwarkpt.nhs.uk.
- NHS England – for general process enquiries contact Helen Barlow by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
|CWPT NED Info Pack M2750|
|Monitoring Form M2750|