Criminal Cases Review Commission Independent Non-Executive Director
|Body:||Criminal Cases Review Commission|
|Appointing Department:||Ministry of Justice|
|Location:||Birmingham, although there may be occasional meetings in London|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£300 per day|
|Time Requirements:||15-20 days per year including reading and preparation.|
|Closing Date:||29/01/2020 12:00|
|Interviews:||February / March 2020|
Chair of the Criminal Cases Review Commission
Chief Executive of the Criminal Cases Review Commission • Representative of Organisation
Head of Transformation and Tailored Reviews
The Board is responsible for determining and overseeing the overall strategic direction of the Commission. As a independent non-executive director you have corporate responsibility to ensure high standards of corporate governance are observed at all times. You will provide external perspective and challenge to the Commission’s work, strengthen governance by supporting the Chairman in securing good governance and supporting the Chief Executive in the effective and efficient management and leadership of the Commission and its staff.
The CCRC is based in Birmingham which is where most of the Board meetings will take place. However, there may be occasional meetings in London and other locations.
The successful candidate must have sound knowledge and experience of good governance at senior levels in a large private or public sector organisation. It is likely that you will bring substantial non-executive experience and would be keen to take on the role of Senior Independent Director.
The successful candidate cannot be employed as a civil servant of the state.
How to Apply
Send the following documents:
- A copy of your CV, in no more than two sides of A4
- A supporting statement that evidences how you meet all the criteria, in no more than two sides of A4
- Declaration of interests form;
- Previous or current public appointments;
- Names and contacts details of two referees (who will be contacted if you are shortlisted for interview);
- Political activity declaration form;
- Equal opportunities monitoring form, and the
- Guaranteed interview scheme declaration, if relevant.
Complete applications should be sent to: email@example.com receipt of applications will be acknowledged.