Cumbria Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and North Cumbria University Hospitals NHS Trust, Non-executive DirectorClosed
|Body:||Nominations Committee of Cumbria Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and NHS Improvement|
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health and Social Care|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£6,157 - £18,157 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||3 days per month for each Trust|
Closed for Applications
20/10/2017 at 17:00
Final Interview Date
CPFT and NCUHT are seeking to appoint a Non-executive Director to the Board of Directors of both Trusts.
It’s an exciting time for the two organisations as they strengthen their partnership and collaboration in order to join up care they deliver to patients. Both organisations now have a shared Chief Executive and are currently integrating support services and so the post holders can expect to be at the forefront of future transformation that will support the needs of patients in Cumbria.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Candidates will have a proven track record and experience at a professional clinical level gained in healthcare organisations in any sector. It would also be desirable to have experience of or a good understanding of delivering clinical care; or knowledge and understanding of the service user and carer experience. Full details of the essential and desirable criteria can be found in the applicants information pack.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
- Informal information event: 10th October 2017 between 6pm – 8pm at Voreda, Portland Place, Penrith, CA11 7QQ. There is an informal information event taking place for people who are interested in finding out more about the role. It is an opportunity to learn more about Non-Executive Directors, the trusts, the services and plans for the future.
- Closing date: 20 October 2017.
- All shortlisted applicants should ensure they are available for a one hour scheduled telephone call on Monday 13 November 2017.
- Interviews (selection panel): 17 November 2017
For a more detailed discussion about these roles please contact:
- Daniel Scheffer, CPFT Company Secretary on 01228 60 3013 or email Daniel.Scheffer@cumbria.nhs.uk
- Gina Tiller, NCUHT Chair on 01228 814010