Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board - Vice Chair (Welsh Desirable)Closed
|Appointing Department:||Welsh Government|
|Location:||CTMUHB has a headquarters in Abercynon, in Rhondda Cynon Taf, however provides services across the Rhondda Taf Ely, Merthyr Cynon and Bridgend Locality. The successful candidate will therefore be required to travel.|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||The remuneration for the role of Vice Chair of the Health Board is a fixed sum of £TBC per annum (pay award pending).|
|Time Requirements:||13 days per month|
Closed for Applications
08/02/2021 at 16:00
Final Interview Date
Marcus Longley Added 18/01/2021
Chair of Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board • Representative of Organisation
Gemma Nye Added 18/01/2021
Head of Sustainable Workforce Welsh Government • Departmental Official
Role and responsibilities
• In addition to acting as an Independent Board member with shared responsibility for the entirety of the Board’s responsibilities, the Vice Chair is also charged by Regulations with having a particular lead responsibility for mental health, primary and community services within Cwm Taf Morgannwg. In this capacity, they will be expected to understand the challenges and opportunities in those particular service areas, and to ensure that the Board is fully sighted on these issues, in all its deliberations, so that it can fully discharge its responsibilities in all areas.
• Play a full and active role in the governance of CTMUHB, both clinical and corporate. You will take an active part in discussions, providing your opinion and challenge and support to the Board on key issues.
• Act as a Corporate Trustee of CTMUHB Charity
• Contribute to the work of the Board based upon your independence, your past experience and knowledge, and your ability to stand back from the day to day operational management;
• Contribute and accept corporate decisions to ensure a joined up, robust and transparent decision making process by the Board;
• Be expected, in time, to fully understand the business through active involvement to enable the effective performance of the organisation;
• Work closely with other public, private and voluntary organisations and will make sure that the views of patients, carers and families are fully involved in helping to shape, develop and improve services;
• Analyse and critically review complex information and contribute to sound decision making.
• Ability to contribute to the ‘quality, governance and finance’ of the Health Board, ensuring it is open and honest in its work by contributing fully in the decision making process.
It is Essential that Independent Member will demonstrate the following qualities:-
Knowledge and Experience
• An understanding of health issues and priorities in the Heath Board’s area, including mental health, primary and community services and the ability to understand the role and work of the Board;
• Ability to hold the executives to account for performance whilst maintaining a constructive relationship;
• Ability to provide a knowledgeable, impartial and balanced perspective on a range of sensitive and complex issues;
• A broad understanding of the information governance requirements required to comply with legislation e.g. General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR);
• an awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion and a commitment to promoting equality and diversity issues, particularly as they relate to the health sector
To be considered, you must be able to demonstrate that you have the qualities, skills and experience to meet all the essential criteria for appointment.
For further information regarding the selection process, please contact:
Public Appointments Team
Public Bodies Unit
For further information regarding the role of the Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board Independent Member, please contact Professor Marcus Longley, Chair.
Tel: 01443 744922
If you need any further assistance in applying for this role, please contact email@example.com.
For further information about Public Appointments in Wales, please visit www.gov.wales/publicappointments
|Information for Candidates CTMUHB - Vice Chair - Welsh Desirable- English|
|Information for Candidates CTMUHB - Vice Chair - Welsh|