Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust, Non-executive Director x2Announced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health and Social Care|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Time Requirements:||2 - 3 days per month|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
NHS England / NHS Improvement is pleased to announce the appointments of two Non-executive Directors at Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust. David Ahmad has been appointed from 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2023 and Suzanne O’Brien has been appointed from 1 February 2021 to 31 January 2023. They are entitled to receive a remuneration of £11,500 per annum and have declared no political activity. Further information may be available at https://www.dgt.nhs.uk/
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
The role is much wide than this however and there are vacancies for two Non-executive Directors at Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people served by the Trust. The Trust is committed to creating a culture where equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of the organisation and the responsibility of everyone at the Trust.
The Trust is on a journey to being an ‘outstanding’ Trust and the role of the Non-executive Director in this is vitally important to support, challenge, provide independent judgement and advice and influence the Trust to embed the necessary cultural change necessary to achieve this.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have senior level experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Recent, relevant finance experience in a large and complex organisation with the capacity to Chair the Audit Committee, preferably, with a financial qualification
- Recent, relevant finance experience in a large and complex organisation with the capacity to Chair the Finance Committee, preferably, with a financial qualification
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the Trust
- build strong working relationships across the Trust and beyond
- uphold the highest standards of governance
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership. As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
Applicants should live in or have strong connections with the Kent area.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
These appointments are regulated by the Commissioner for Public Appointment
Find out more
- For a confidential discussion on these roles please contact: Thomas Patterson, Director or Johnny Townson, Senior Researcher at Harvey Nash Alumni on +44(0)20 7333 1429.
- NHS England / NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Miriam Walker on 0300 123 2059 or by emailing email@example.com