Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) Non-Executive Director - Member
|Body:||Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO)|
|Appointing Department:||Ministry of Defence|
|Sectors:||Business, Finance & Skills, Charity & Public Sector, Defence|
|Location:||Meetings are usually held at Ministry of Defence, Main Building, London SW1A 2HB and also Defence Infrastructure Organisation Head Office, DMS Whittington, Lichfield, Staffordshire, WS14 9PY. Occasional travel to other locations may be required.|
|Skills required:||Accountancy, Audit and Risk, Business / Commercial, Change Management, Legal / Judicial, Major Projects, Procurement, Transformation|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||The post requires a time commitment of approximately 30 days a year, for which the daily fee is £600.00 (£18,000 p.a). We expect the successful candidate(s) to spend typically two days per month on Board business. The appointment is not pensionable.|
|Time Requirements:||We expect the successful candidate(s) to spend typically two days per month on Board business.|
This is not a ministerial appointment.
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
Neil Sachdev Added 06/09/2021
Chair DIO • Other Panel Member
Mark Preston Added 06/09/2021
Director Sponsorship and Organisational Policy • Departmental Official
Veronica Povey Added 06/09/2021
HO Fin-FD HO and Strat Prog • Independent Member
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional individual to continue developing the DIO as a customer-focused, safety-conscious, expert delivery organisation. The successful candidate will be a Non-Executive Director on the DIO Board, providing support and challenge to the DIO executive leadership team, working in close partnership with the DIO’s sponsor, the MOD Chief Operating Officer (COO).
The DIO Board provides strategic governance and advice to DIO in delivering its objectives. It reviews DIO performance and provides expertise, support and constructive challenge to the DIO Chief Executive and the DIO Executive Team.
As a Non-Executive Director to the DIO Board you will be responsible for:
- Providing oversight and support to the implementation of DIO’s Strategy in line with the direction and objectives set by Defence;
- Endorsing material changes relating to DIO transformation, including organisation or financial structure;
- Monitoring and challenging DIO’s performance in delivery of infrastructure services (including DIO Corporate KPIs);
- Monitoring DIO’s relationships with customers and other key stakeholders and any matters materially affecting DIO’s overall reputation, including its brand and values.
- Monitoring effective use of resources in achievement of objectives including tracking of sustainable savings;
- Monitoring and managing strategic risks and agree escalation to the Defence Board as appropriate.
Candidates will need to be highly credible leaders with the ability to form positive, effective and trusted relationships with customers and stakeholders at a senior level within MOD. They should have proven experience of working in a large-scale, complex Infrastructure, Property or Asset Management organisation, and experience of developing business strategy and translating this into delivery. They will also have an appreciation of the principles and governance arrangements underpinning the public sector. Experience as a Non-Executive Director is essential.
- Experience of being a senior executive in an Infrastructure organisation with multi-site complex environments, including in property and, or assessment management.
- An outstanding record of achievement throughout their professional career, displaying strong personal credibility and strategic leadership across large and complex organisations.
- Ability to influence and contribute effectively at Board level, driving effective corporate governance to manage organisational performance and risk, whilst providing robust and reasoned challenge
- Understanding of the economic and political environment within which the public sector operates, with the ability to exercise sound judgement of sensitive and complex areas and be able to confidently defend decisions under scrutiny
- Experienced at exercising strategic commercial and financial acumen with the ability to quickly understand and interpret complex financial issues in accordance with managing public money principles
- Experience of championing the interests of customers and putting their needs at the heart of delivery, including managing a broad and testing customer base
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build positive, productive relationships and communicate with a diverse range of well-informed stakeholders
- Evidence of innovative strategic thinking and a track record that demonstrates delivering business transformation whilst sustaining organisational effectiveness and maximizing value.
- Experience in management of multi-million-pound complex programmes
The following criteria are desirable:
- Understanding of risk and opportunities management and corporate assurance.
Please see attached Job Description
How to Apply
To apply please read the attached Candidate Information pack then submit the following documents by email to DBSCivPers-ResPublicAppts@mod.gov.uk FAO Bethany Hammond quoting reference number 44387_DIO_NED
- Expression of Interest form
- Diversity Monitoring Form
- Current CV
|44387_DIO_NED_Campaign Information Pack|
|44387_DIO_NED Expression of Interest Form|
|44387_DIO_NED_Diversity Monitoring Form|
|44387_DIO_NED_Disable Confident Scheme Declaration|
This post is NOT regulated by The Commissioner for Public Appointments.