DEFENCE NUCLEAR SAFETY COMMITTEE - 2 MembersAnnounced
|Body:||Defence Nuclear Organisation|
|Appointing Department:||Ministry of Defence|
|Sectors:||Defence, Science & Technology|
|Location:||London and Various UK sites|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Remuneration:||This is a remunerated Non-Departmental Public Body position paying £380 per day. Travel and other reasonable expenses will be paid in line with MOD policy. This post is not pensionable.|
|Time Requirements:||Approximately 20 days per year|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
4 individuals were appointed by SofS for Defence on 9th April 2020 for a period of 5 years
The appointment will commence on 1st May 2020 and expire on 30th April 2025.The names of the Defence Nuclear Safety Committee are not released to the public domain for security reasons.
Date: 06/08/2020View Announcement
Closed for Applications
To be confirmed
Final Interview Date
To be confirmed
06/08/2020 at 13:00
Role of Members
Members of the DNSC have a collective responsibility for the operation of the Committee. They must:
- engage fully in collective consideration of the issues, taking account of the full range of relevant factors, including any guidance issued by the sponsor department or the responsible minister;
- ensure that the Code of Practice on Access to Government Information (including prompt responses to public requests for information) is adhered to;
- produce an Annual Report;
- respond appropriately to complaints, if necessary with reference to the sponsor department; and
- ensure that the Committee does not exceed its powers or functions.
Communications between the Committee and Secretary of State (SofS) will be through the Chair, except where the Committee has agreed that an individual member should act on its behalf. Nevertheless, any Committee member has the right of access to SofS on any matter which he or she believes raises important issues relating to his or her duties as a Committee member. In such cases the agreement of the rest of the Committee should normally be sought.
The Committee are assisted by MOD officials, including DNO. The Secretariat will be provided by Director Warhead.
The Ministry of Defence is looking to appoint three new members to the DNSC with expertise in:
Successful candidates will need to work as part of a team of specialists to identify the important issues which could affect the safety management of the DNP, distilling information from a wide range of briefs, presentations and other information sources. Specific criteria for each role is set out below
- Hold or held senior position in regulation of a high hazard or nuclear sector
- Hold or held a senior position (HM Deputy Chief Inspector or above) within the ONR or held a senior nuclear safety post in a major nuclear licensee
- International reputation and/or experience in the regulation of nuclear safety
- Knowledge of security informed nuclear safety and its regulation
- Knowledge of transport of nuclear materials and its regulation
- Fellow of an appropriate professional institute
- Hold or held a senior position in the defence sector in the explosives field
- Expertise in explosives science and technology including material properties and explosives formulation
- Expertise in the through life safety management of Ordnance, Munitions and Explosives (OME)
- Extensive experience of safety culture and regulation surrounding OME
- Extensive experience on safety and risk management;
- Fellow of an appropriate institute
Applicants should be aware that due to the forthcoming General Election, the stages of sift/short-listing and invites to interview could be subject to delay.
How to Apply
Candidates are requested to complete the attached Expression of Interest Form and Diversity Information Form and submit it, along with a copy of their most recent CV, to DBSCivPers-ResNONSTDAPPTS@mod.gov.uk, (preferred method) quoting reference: 26015.
Additionally applicants may wish to submit a copy of the Guaranteed Interview Declaration form, (attached), and a cover letter regarding their suitability for the post set against the essential and desirable criteria.
All documents should be received by 23:00 hrs on 14th. December 2019.
For further information or if you have any questions you can contact DBS on 030679 85048 or 84917 or via e-mail to the address above.
|26015_DNSC 2 Member Recruitment 2020 Applicant Info Pack - O|
|Guaranteed Interview Scheme Declaration|