Defence Nuclear Safety Committee – Member – Nuclear MedicineAnnounced
|Body:||Defence Nuclear Safety Committee (DNSC)|
|Appointing Department:||Ministry of Defence|
|Sectors:||Defence, Energy, Health and Social Care, Regulation, Science & Technology|
|Location:||Formal meetings of the DNSC are usually held in London or Bristol, supported by specific meetings held at other locations and a visit programme to defence sites (Travel and other reasonable expenses will be paid in line with MOD policy). The DNSC has adapted the way it is working, as a result of Covid-19, and is holding many of its meetings virtually/online while restrictions apply, primarily using MS Teams. It plans to undertake visits in accordance with any restrictions in place at the time. Applicants from all UK regions are encouraged to apply, provided you are willing to travel, as indicated above|
|Skills required:||Change Management, Major Projects, Procurement, Regulation|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||This is a remunerated Non-Departmental Public Body position, for which the daily fee is £380. The post requires a time commitment of approximately 20 days a year. We expect the successful candidate(s) to spend typically one to two days per month on Committee business, attend 6-10 full DNSC briefing sessions per year and participate fully in any sub-group activities. The appointment is not pensionable.|
|Time Requirements:||Approximately 20 days per year|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
A decision has been made by Ministers to postpone this campaign and to relaunch later in the year.View Announcement
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
23rd & 25th February 2021
Role of Members
Members of the DNSC have a collective responsibility for the operation of the Committee. They must:
- engage fully in collective consideration of the issues, through participation in meetings and visits, taking account of the full range of relevant factors, including any guidance issued by the sponsor department or the responsible minister;
- ensure that the Code of Practice on Access to Government Information (including prompt responses to public requests for information) is adhered to;
- produce an Annual Report;
- respond appropriately to complaints, if necessary with reference to the sponsor department; and
- ensure that the Committee does not exceed its powers or functions.
Communications between the Committee and Secretary of State (SofS) will be through the Chair, except where the Committee has agreed that an individual member should act on its behalf. Nevertheless, any Committee member has the right of access to SofS on any matter which he or she believes raises important issues relating to his or her duties as a Committee member. In such cases the agreement of the rest of the Committee should normally be sought.
The Committee are assisted by MOD officials, including the Defence Nuclear Organisation, which will provide the secretariat function.
We are looking to appoint a member with expertise in Nuclear Medicine. You will be independent of the Ministry of Defence operational activities and have the ability to apply intellectual rigour.
The DNSC has adapted the way it is working, as a result of Covid-19, and is holding many of its meetings virtually/online while restrictions apply. It plans to undertake visits in accordance with any restrictions in place at the time.
The candidate will be eminent in the field of nuclear medicine.
- Expert knowledge of the effects of ionising radiation on human health
- Experience and knowledge of radiation protection
- A good knowledge of medical nuclear safety regulation
- Experience of the management of workforce health on nuclear licensed sites.
- Medical training and experience in radiation medicine
• Fellow of an appropriate professional institute
How to Apply
Please see details in the Information Pack
Please note: Defence Business Services is currently operating with minimal staff in their offices, if you unable to apply online please contact Defence Business Services (DBSCivPers-ResNONSTDAPPTS@mod.gov.uk or telephone 0300 1566377)
|35748_DNSC-NM_Campaign information pack September 2020|
|35748_NRAC_NM_ Disable Confident Scheme Declaration|