Director for Fair Access and Participation (DFAP) of the Office for Students
|Body:||Office for Students|
|Appointing Department:||Department for Education|
|Location:||The successful candidate will work flexibly, based in either London or Bristol.|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£130,000 per annum (pro rata for part time)|
|Time Requirements:||Full time or part time. Please state on your application form if you will be seeking to work part time .|
Closed for Applications
01/07/2021 at 11:00
To be confirmed
Final Interview Date
To be confirmed
Director General for Higher Education, Further Education, International and Transformation, Department for Education • Departmental Official
Political Activity Not applicable. Notes -
The successful applicant will be accountable for a number of statutory duties under the Higher Education and Research Act 2017, including overseeing the performance of OfS’ access and participation functions performing those functions and reporting to the board on them. In particular, they will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the promotion of equality of opportunity in connection with access to and participation in English higher education, and reporting to the OfS board on all OfS access and participation functions.
- Working to the CEO and closely with others in the OfS executive team to ensure that access and participation is integrated into the overall responsibilities of the OfS as well as working with providers to ensure a coordinated approach to regulating the higher education sector and ensure that higher education providers make further and faster progress on access and participation issues.
- Agreeing Access and Participation plans with English higher education providers.
- Contributing to the development, leadership, management and success of the Office the Students as a key member of the Executive Team.
- Strategic and influential leadership, operating at senior management or executive level in a complex and dynamic environment, with the ability to bring about sector-wide change in light of upholding and delivering the highest standards of educational excellence.
- Proven communication, negotiation and influencing skills at a senior level, which would enable you to build effective relationships with Ministers, the OfS board and Executive and across the sector, commanding the respect of a diverse range of stakeholders.
- A demonstrable commitment to upholding and delivering the highest standards of educational excellence and attainment for children and young people of all backgrounds.
- A demonstrable commitment to equality of opportunity, real social mobility and the levelling up agenda, with a track record of having delivered improvements in educational outcomes for disadvantaged young people, in either the school, further education, higher education or charitable sector.
We are particularly interested in hearing from applicants who have a strong understanding of and belief in social mobility and educational excellence, whether that is from the school, college, charity or university sector.
How to Apply
Please submit the following documents by email to: OfficeforStudents.APPLICATIONS@education.gov.uk
- A CV
- The Candidate Application Form
- Diversity Monitoring Form
Please see candidate pack for further details.
|JN556 DFE Director for Access and Participation candidate pack_PRF5|
This post is NOT regulated by The Commissioner for Public Appointments.