Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Non-executive Director
|Body:||Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust|
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health and Social Care|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Time Requirements:||Part time - 20 hours per week|
This is not a ministerial appointment.
Closed for Applications
16/10/2022 at 08:00
Final Interview Date
Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is the main provider of acute hospital care to the largely rural communities of North and West Dorset, Weymouth and Portland. We are a high performing Trust, providing services in GP surgeries, schools, residential homes, people’s own homes, Dorset County Hospital and five community hospitals, by a dedicated workforce of 3,500 employees.
Following its last inspection towards the end of 2018, the Trust was rated as ‘Good’ overall and ‘Good’ for well led with positive observations relating to leadership culture, governance and strong financial management.
DCH is also a partner in Dorset’s Integrated Care System (ICS), known locally as “Our Dorset”. The new ICS is evolving, and in addition with our community and mental health colleagues at Dorset Healthcare University Foundation Trust we are going to appoint a joint Chair and joint Chief Executive. These changes provide us with a great opportunity to help shape the new arrangements and work with our partners to refocus the health agenda, ensuring a new emphasis on population health and health inequalities.
At this time of huge opportunity and challenge, the Trust is looking to appoint a new non-executive director, ideally a clinician with experience of population health and health inequalities. We are seeking experienced and talented individuals who will add value to our strong, vibrant, ambitious and forward-thinking Board.
As a Non- Executive Director, you will:
- Work with fellow directors to set the Trust’s strategic aims, providing advice and challenge to ensure the standards of good governance are upheld
- Provide independent judgement and advice, working with colleagues to provide inspiring leadership within a framework which enables risks to be assessed and managed whilst upholding the highest standards of probity;
- As a Board member, be collectively responsible for developing, monitoring and delivering the performance of the Trust, ensuring that excellence remains at its core;
- Act as an ambassador for the Trust, promoting its values, engaging with a wide range of stakeholders.
We are a Trust that celebrates diversity, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Dorset County Hospital has a number of employees from overseas delivering high quality services and we recognise the value of diversity in leadership. We would welcome applications from people in groups which are under-represented at Board level.
Education, Qualifications & Training
- Evidence of extensive, senior-level (ideally Board-level) experience in a large, complex organisation(s).
- Evidence of professional and personal development at senior management level.
- Evidence of clinical training in a relevant field of practice
Knowledge & Experience
What we are looking for:
If you share our vision and passion for delivering high quality services that are fit for future generations this is the opportunity for you to make a difference to healthcare in Dorset supporting us to take the Trust from ‘Good’ to ‘Outstanding’.
- You will have experience at a senior level within a large, complex organisation
- You will have a successful track record of strategic planning and decision making and involvement in corporate governance and risk issues
- You will be a skilled ambassador offering advanced communication skills and robust challenge as well as advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- You will have experience in the field of population health and health inequalities and evidence of being an advocate for the community
- Experience of involvement in corporate governance and risk issues either in an active or advisory capacity.
- Experience of strategic planning and decision making.
- Evidence of proven involvement in helping to influence change and improvement in an organisation.
- Previous experience in the field of population health and inequalities
- Previous experience of organisational development and cultural change in the public or private sector is desirable but not essential
- Previous experience as a NED desirable though not essential
Skills & Abilities
- Evidence of ability to make significant and successful contribution at Board level in a large complex organisation.
- Evidence of advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- Evidence of ability to influence and help develop robust corporate governance and risk strategies.
- Ability to demonstrate a variety of leadership skills in complex situation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral and ability to provide robust challenge in a board setting.
- Evidence of a business focus, suitable for a Foundation Trust
- Familiarity with current political, legal and business developments that impact on governance and risk in the NHS
- Evidence of ability to engage with and advocate for the population of Dorset.
Please visit the Trust’s website for further details and the application documents
For further details please contact Trevor Hughes, Head of Corporate Governance on 01305 253295 or by emailing. email@example.com
How to Apply
Please apply at Vacancies | Dorset County Hospital (dchft.nhs.uk)
This post is NOT regulated by The Commissioner for Public Appointments.