East Cheshire NHS Trust, Non-executive DirectorAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health and Social Care|
|Location:||Applicants should ideally be based within a reasonable commuting distance from the Trust (c. up to 1.5 hours)|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Time Requirements:||On average this role will require the equivalent to 2 to 4 days a month|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
NHS Improvement is pleased to announce the appointment of Dr Peter Madden from 26 April 2018 to 25 April 2020 as Non-executive Director of East Cheshire NHS Trust. He is entitled to receive a remuneration of £6,157 per annum. Further information may be available at http://www.eastcheshire.nhs.uk/
East Cheshire NHS Trust is hosting an information session for potential candidates on 29 March 2018. This will take place between 5pm and 6.30pm at New Alderley House, Macclesfield District General Hospital.
Closed for Applications
05/04/2018 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
We are recruiting a Non-executive Director for East Cheshire NHS Trust. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in your community.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have senior level experience in the following areas:
- Clinical and patient safety expertise with an understanding of the current quality agenda in the NHS and the assurance processes needed to deliver effective clinical governance
- Significant senior leadership experience and a demonstrable track record of delivering quality improvement at a strategic level. Applicants should be from a medical, nursing, clinical or social care background.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
For more information, please contact Emma Pickup, Senior Consultant at Gatenby Sanderson on 07590 225 470 or by emailing Emma.Pickup@gatenbysanderson.com
You can also get in touch with:
- For an informal and confidential discussion with the Chair of the Trust, Lynn McGill, regarding the role please contact her PA Fiona Baker on 01625 661501 prior to the closing date
- NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Miriam Walker on 0300 123 2059 or by emailing email@example.com
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this role please provide:
- a CV that includes your address and contact details, highlighting and explaining any gaps in your employment history
- a supporting statement that highlights your motivation for applying and your understanding of the NHS and the role. You should outline your personal responsibility and achievement within previous roles and how your experience matches the person specification
- the names, positions, organisations and contact details for three referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity, and cover your most recent employer, any regulated health or social care activity or where roles involved children or vulnerable adults. Your references will be taken prior to interview and may be shared with the selection panel
- please complete and return the monitoring information form which accompanies this pack and is available for download
- tell us about any dates when you will not be available
Please forward your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
|20180309 Monitoring Form N1655|
|20180309 NHSI INFO PACK NED N1655|