East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust, Non-executive Senior Independent Finance DirectorClosed
|Body:||East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust|
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health and Social Care|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Time Requirements:||Minimum of 3 days per month|
Closed for Applications
02/09/2019 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
We are recruiting a Non-executive Senior Independent Finance Director for East Kent NHS Foundation Trust to join the Board of our wholly owned subsidiary company, 2gether Support Solutions, an employer of in excess of 1,100 staff providing total facilities management to EKHUFT.
The Trust established 2gether as a social enterprise principled limited company so that core facilities and support services can continue to be operated successfully with the added benefits that a private sector culture and approach can bring to enhancing and developing these services.
We are looking for a Non-Exec to join the Board and provide financial oversight and support to the development of the business. You will be a qualified chartered accountant and strong business acumen, including financial management to support the business and the relationship with the parent company. This will be coupled with an interest in risk and governance. The role will be Chair of the 2gether Audit committee.
Contributing to the work of the Board
- Contribute to the development of the strategic direction of the organisation and set challenging objectives to underpin continuous improvement in performance.
- Shape the culture of the organisation, its values and behaviours, ensuring they are demonstrated by the Board in all its actions.
- Participate fully in the work of the Board, ensuring the corporate responsibility of the board of Directors.
- Ensure that strategies and actions are approved by the Board of Directors are implemented effectively by the Managing Director and the senior leadership team.
- Monitor the performance of the organisation and have a clear understanding of the risks and challenges (both internal and external) facing the organisation
Board and other activities
- Attend and possibly chair other sub committees of the Board and other ad-hoc meetings of the main Board
- Undergo an individual and Board performance appraisal, attending any additional training highlighted as a result of the evaluation process.
- Act as an ambassador for 2gether through active participation in external meetings and other events.
- Ensure a high level of visibility throughout the organisation and personally engage with staff across the organisation.
Governance and compliance
- Ensure that 2gether complies with all relevant legislation and regulations.
- Ensure the highest standards of probity, integrity and governance and that 2gether’s internal governance arrangements confirm to best practice and statutory requirements.
Specific requirement for the role as Chair of Audit committee and Senior Independent
- Chair 2gether’s Audit Committee.
- Work closely with the Chairman, acting as a sounding board and providing support.
- Be available to shareholders and other non-executives to address concerns or issues they feel have not been adequately dealt with through the usual channels of communication (i.e. through the chairman, the managing director or finance director).
- Meeting at least annually with the non-executives to review the chairman’s performance and carrying out succession planning for the chairman’s role.
- Attending sufficient meetings with shareholders to obtain a balanced understanding of their concerns and issues.
Specific requirement for the role
- Previously a Board Level Finance Director of a c£100m business.
- Commercially aware and qualified accountant.
- Previous experience of an Audit Committee (Chair experience beneficial).
- Good Risk and Corporate Governance credentials.
- Ideally a knowledge of healthcare.
- Understands the parent company interface.
- Uphold the standards of conduct set out in The Nolan Principles of Public Life.
- Sufficient time availability to commit to a minimum of 3 days per month.
2gether Support Solutions: Jacqui Siggers, Interim Associate Director of People is available for an informal and confidential discussion on 01233 651965 or emailing email@example.com
First Flight Non-Executive Directors are helping us to identify potential candidates, if you would like a confidential discussion about the role contact Naomi Scott-Mackie, Senior Consultant on 01797 270 271 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.orgReturn to NHS Appointments