East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust - non-executive directorAnnounced
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Location:||Applicants should live in or have strong connections with East Lancashire|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||The remuneration payable for this role is £6,157 pa|
|Time Requirements:||On average this role will require the equivalent to 2 to 3 days a month|
An announcement has been made on the outcome of this appointment.
NHS Improvement is pleased to announce the appointment of Patricia Anderson from 8 June 2018 to 7 June 2022 as Non-executive Director of East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust. She is entitled to receive a remuneration of £6,157 per annum. Further information may be available at https://www.elht.nhs.uk/
Closed for Applications
29/08/2017 at 11:00
Early September 2017
Final Interview Date
18/06/2018 at 13:00
Eileen Fairhurst Added 12/07/2017
Chair, East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust • Representative of Organisation
Political Activity None Notes -
Anne Gibbs Added 12/07/2017
Delivery and Improvement Director, NHS Improvement • Departmental Official
Political Activity None Notes -
We are recruiting a non-executive director for East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in your community.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have senior level clinical and patient safety expertise gained from medical, nursing, or allied disciplines or social care experience at a senior level in an academic, research, regulatory or clinically focused role.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills, and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Find out more
- The Trust – for an informal and confidential discussion with Professor Eileen Fairhurst, the Chairman of the Trust regarding the role, please contact Michelle Connolly on 01254 732801.
- NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Miriam Walker on 0300 123 2059 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this role please provide:
- a CV that includes your address and contact details, highlighting and explaining any gaps in your employment history
- a supporting statement that highlights your motivation for applying and your understanding of the NHS and the role. You should outline your personal responsibility and achievement within previous roles and how your experience matches the person specification
- the names, positions, organisations and contact details for three referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity, and cover your most recent employer, any regulated health or social care activity or where roles involved children or vulnerable adults. Your references will be taken prior to interview and may be shared with the selection panel
- please complete and return the monitoring information form which accompanies this pack and is available for download
- tell us about any dates when you will not be available
Please forward your completed application to email@example.com
|20170712 N1304 ELHT NED information pack|
|20170712 N1304 Monitoring Form|