East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust, Associate Non-executive Director x3Closed
|Body:||East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust|
|Appointing Department:||NHS Improvement|
|Sectors:||Charity & Public Sector, Health|
|Location:||East of England|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Remuneration:||Please see additional information below|
|Time Requirements:||Please see additional information below|
This is not a ministerial appointment.
Closed for Applications
01/10/2020 at 11:00
Final Interview Date
There are vacancies for three Associate Non-executive Directors (NEDs) at East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust (EEAST). This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people served by the Trust.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have senior level experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Experience of strategic finance management, estates and fleet oversight and IT change programmes, with the ability to Chair the Performance and Finance Committee
Posts 2 & 3
• Experience in corporate governance, freedom to speak up, organisational diversity and inclusion or emergency services experience would all be of interest to the trust
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
Applicants should live in or have strong connections with Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, Suffolk or Essex.
Time commitment and remuneration
• Post 1 – on average this post will require the equivalent to 2 to 3 days a month, however the time commitment may vary, and a flexible approach should be taken. The remuneration payable for this post is £11,500 per annum. Thereafter the remuneration will be applied in line with the framework for chairs and NEDs. On this basis the successful candidate will receive an increase on 1 April 2021 to £13,000 (standard rate for all NEDs) per annum.
Posts 2 and 3 – on average these posts will require a time commitment of a maximum of 1 day per month however a flexible approach should be taken. These posts are not remunerated but expenses will be reimbursed, and will support individual’s development to prepare for future Non-Executive Director roles both in the Trust and the wider NHS.
|M2206 Associate Information Pack (002).|