Experience of managing investments - Personal Injury Discount Rate Expert Panel
|Body:||Ministry of Justice|
|Appointing Department:||Ministry of Justice|
|Sector:||Business, Finance & Skills|
|Location:||London (remote attendance will be possible)|
|Skills required:||Audit and Risk, Insurance|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£300 per day|
|Time Requirements:||Approximately 10 meetings throughout 2023/2024, (virtual attendance possible) with some time outside of meetings for reviewing analysis|
Closed for Applications
Final Interview Date
Director of the Data Science Campus, Office for National Statistics
TBC • Independent Member
Acting as the Expert Panel member with experience of managing investments will be an exciting opportunity to inform government decision-making in an area which has a tangible impact on citizens in ensuring fair compensation for the victims of life-changing injuries.
It is expected that this member will be able to use this knowledge to provide detailed, accurate advice as to how the PIDR could be set in accordance with the legal framework set out in the legislation.
Candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Practical experience of long-term portfolio construction, management and an understanding of client motivations and objectives;
- Deep understanding of the economic, social and technological factors affecting long-term investments;
- Capacity to commit to the flexible working commitments required by the panel and excellent time management skills;
- Effective communication and written skills;
- A high degree of impartiality and integrity; and
- The ability to analyse and debate complex issues.
- Knowledge of the PIDR and the considerations which are relevant to setting it; and
- Knowledge of the relevant stakeholders and sectors interested in and affected by the PIDR.
Tenure: The appointment will run for the duration of the review, which is subject to a statutory timeline. It is likely to conclude in Autumn/Winter 2024.
It will be important that a member’s other commitments do not cast any doubt on their ability to act independently and impartially in discharging the role; any potential conflicts of interest must be declared in your application.
How to Apply
In order to apply you will need to provide:
- Please send a Curriculum Vitae and personal statement to email@example.com which provides your contact details, details of your education and qualifications, employment history, directorships, membership of professional bodies and details of any relevant publications or awards;
- A supporting statement setting out how you meet the criteria for appointment, as set out in the person specification for the role;
- Information relating to any outside interests or reputational issues;
- Diversity monitoring information. This allows us to see if there are any unfair barriers to becoming a public appointee and whether there are any changes that we could make to encourage a more diverse field to apply. You can select “prefer not to say” to any question you do not wish to answer. The information you provide will not be used as part of the selection process and will not be seen by the interview panel; please DIVERSITY MONITORING FORM to complete the form.
- Disability Confident – please state if you want to be considered for the disability confident scheme;
- Reasonable adjustments – requests for reasonable adjustments that you would like to the application process (if applicable);
Please provide the information at points 3-6 above on the relevant form, or as part of your supporting statement on the attached document.
We are also currently advertising for the three other panel member roles: with the following references: Economist Ref 1001, Actuary Ref 1002 and Consumer matters as relating to investments Ref 1003
The Advisory Assessment Panel reserves the right to only consider applications that contain all of the elements listed above, and that arrive before the published deadline for applications.
|Managing investments - Candidate Pack|
This post is NOT regulated by The Commissioner for Public Appointments.