Expert Committee on Pesticides - Dietary Exposure Member
|Body:||Expert Committee on Pesticides (ECP)|
|Appointing Department:||Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs|
|Sector:||Environment, Food & Rural Affairs|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£300 attendance fee and £150 preparation fee plus expenses|
|Time Requirements:||13 days|
Closed for Applications
14/09/2022 at 12:00
Week commencing 19 September 2022
Final Interview Date
20 and 21 of October 2022
Rachel Mumba Added 08/07/2022
Deputy Director, Chemicals, Pesticides and Hazardous Waste • Departmental Official
Professor Bill Cushley Added 08/07/2022
Chair of Expert Committee on Pesticides • Representative of Organisation
Dr Caroline Harris Added 08/07/2022
Member of Expert Committee on Pesticides • Other Panel Member
TBC Added 08/07/2022
Political Activity - Notes -
ECP Dietary Exposure Member (one posts) Ref: ECP 01/2022
The UK Expert Committee on Pesticides (ECP) is looking for one new member to provide scientific advice to UK Government and the Devolved Administrations on the safe and effective use of pesticides and other pest control methods. This position will become available from November 2022.
Applications are welcomed from individuals at all career stages, candidates are required to have evidence for each of the scientific essential criteria to apply.
• Considerable scientific or other relevant expertise in metabolism of pesticides in plants and livestock, pesticide residues, and an established reputation in the field.
• Expertise in the assessment of dietary exposure in humans, with experience of relevant models and studies and their interpretation.
• Knowledge of risk assessment and risk management procedures relevant to human and livestock exposures to chemicals is particularly relevant.
• An understanding of the regulation of chemicals in the UK and internationally, including the legislative requirements and associated guidance pertaining to the residues and consumer exposure area
• Knowledge of Maximum Residue Levels in food and feed, including the methods of calculation, the underpinning legislation and their importance for trade
• Be familiar with legislative requirements and the various supporting guidance documents and regulatory exposure models that underpin the assessment of dietary exposure in humans
General Qualities and experience required
Applicants should have:
• An ability to weigh issues outside own specialist area and to appreciate the impact that decisions may have on the sustainable use of pesticides.
• An ability to work well as part of a team, with effective communication, judgement and influencing skills.
• An ability to communicate clearly complex scientific issues, combined with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Some knowledge of communication of risk issues would be an advantage.
• Previous experience as a member of another (national or international) scientific committee
Meetings will primarily be virtual, when hybrid meetings are held these will be in York.
Interviews are to be held virtually.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack which includes the following which all candidates are required to complete:
• Monitoring form 1 (Conflicts of interest conduct and advertising Questionnaire)
• Monitoring form 2 (Diversity Monitoring Questionnaire)
• Further details and requirements for of each of the roles
• Guidance notes
Candidates should submit their CV with education, professional qualifications and employment history and the names and contact details for two referees, together with their statement of suitability.
The statement of suitability should give evidence of the strength and depth of your ability to meet the essential criteria for this role. Please provide specific examples to demonstrate how you meet each of the criteria (max two pages please).
Your CV and statement should be returned to the following address by the closing date: 12.00 (midday) on Wednesday 14 September 2022 Email to email@example.com quoting the reference of the vacancy applying for.
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Monitoring form 1 (Conflicts of interest conduct and advertising Questionnaire)|
|Monitoring form 2 (Diversity Questionnaire)|
This post is NOT regulated by The Commissioner for Public Appointments.