Expert Committee on Pesticide Residues in Food - Committee Member
|Body:||Expert Committee on Pesticide Residues in Food (ECP)|
|Appointing Department:||Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs|
|Sector:||Environment, Food & Rural Affairs|
|Skills required:||Communication / Media / Marketing|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£146 attendance plus expenses|
|Time Requirements:||Up to 5 days a year|
Closed for Applications
28/04/2021 at 12:00
Final Interview Date
Weeks commencing 17 and 24 May 2021
Susie Willows Added 26/02/2021
Deputy Director, Chemicals, Pesticides and Hazardous Waste • Departmental Official
Ms Ann Davison Added 26/02/2021
Chair of the Expert Committee on Pesticide Residues in Food. • Representative of Organisation
Dr Rebecca Scrivens Added 26/02/2021
HSE Scientific Specialist • Representative of Organisation
PRiF Toxicologists (one post) Ref: PRiF 01/2021.
The Expert Committee on Pesticide Residues in Food (PRiF) is looking for a new member to provide independent advice to Government on matters relating to the official monitoring of pesticide residues in the UK food supply chain (both imported and domestic production).
These positions will become available from July 2021.
Candidates are required to have evidence for each of the scientific essential criteria to apply.
Scientific essential criteria.
• Considerable scientific or other relevant expertise in toxicology with relevant valued post graduate experience and have gained recognition within the scientific community.
• Knowledge of human health risk assessments; the interrelationship of toxicology and exposure you will need to critically comment on the risk assessments written by HSE, as well as present opinions on consumer risk issues. For further contexts, see information below, on what the role is expected to involve.
Scientific desirable Criteria:
• Toxicological knowledge in the field of pesticides or chemical contaminants in food.
• An ability to effectively explain and communicate risk and uncertainty, in particular to non-scientists.
• An understanding of the regulation of chemicals in the UK and internationally, including the legislative requirements and associated guidance pertaining to the toxicology area.
• Be familiar with legislative requirements and the various supporting guidance documents and regulatory models that underpin the assessment of toxicology
General Qualities and experience
Applicants should have:
• An ability to weigh issues outside your own specialist area and to appreciate the impact that decisions may have on the sustainable use of pesticides.
• An ability to work well as part of a team, with effective communication, negotiating, judgement and influencing skills.
• An ability to clearly communicate complex scientific issues, combined with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Some knowledge of communication of risk issues would be an advantage.
Meetings are usually held at the Defra offices in York, however some meetings may be held elsewhere in the UK.
Due to current circumstances, interviews are likely to be held virtually.
How to Apply
Email email@example.com for an information pack which includes the following which all candidates are required to complete:
• Monitoring form 1 (Political Activity and Conflict of Interest Questionnaire)
• Monitoring form 2 (Diversity Monitoring Questionnaire)
Candidates should submit their CV with education, professional qualifications and employment history and the names and contact details for two referees, together with their statement of suitability.
The statement of suitability should give evidence of the strength and depth of your ability to meet the essential criteria for this role. Please provide specific examples to demonstrate how you meet each of the criteria (max two pages please).
Your CV and statement should be returned to the following address by the closing date: 12.00 (midday) on Wednesday 28 April 2021. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference: PRiF 01/2021.
For further information please email: email@example.com
|1_Monitoring form 1 (Political Activity and CoI Questionnaire)|
|2_Monitoring form 2 (Diversity Questionnaire)|
This post is NOT regulated by The Commissioner for Public Appointments.